01-07 | ARRIVAL OF THE ENVOYS (4)

-

Apologies! It took months to continue this story. To be honest, I lost the will to continue. However, reading this story back from the start burned the spirit. I wish for this to be worthy of your time.

-

CASTELLANOS MANSION
Spring 25, 881

-

The most uncomfortable situation is having to do a physical activity right after an intense training. With a sweaty appearance and ragged breath, Alethea ran around the mansion. Apparently, you can see tears from a close distance. It's a sign of frustration as she has been chased by a fierce dog for five minutes.

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck." she breathed out.

Without activating soulbound, she would collapse to the ground and have to accept an inevitable fate of being chewed. However, Alethea struggled still. Considering she has not fully grasped the way of soulbond efficiently.

BUGH.

Oh shit...

Her petite body collapsed towards a broad, sturdy surface. At this point, Alethea gave up on her resolve to survive. Or so she thought until a strange thing happened. Had she not opened her eyes, Alethea wouldn't know that she has been lifted up.

"Sit."

The sound passed through her ears. It was deep, sharp, and warm. Such a beautiful voice attracted her curiosity. Alethea pulled her head upwards and her eyelids widened at the sight.

A pair of red pupils, contrasting the snow white skin and white hair. Judging from the appearance, it is certain that the man is, "Leojan Draco...?"

Alethea was trying to process the situation.

Crazy dog, where is it?

She blinked her eyes and glanced upwards.

Could it be...?

"That crazy dog is yours?" she blurted out.

"Hahahahaha!" the man burst into a very calm laughter.

He's so fine...

"Ah! I apologize!"

Leojan smiled as he carefully placed her on the ground. His slender fingers hovered around her waist. He looked down with a tender expression, yet his voice sounded stern.

"Angelica, stand guard."

Angelica. Angelica...? That crazy dog is... "More like Devilica."

"I see. I will consider changing her name." his voice soothed through her absent-minded state.

Alethea flinched, one of her hand went up to cover her mouth in shame, "Eh?! I'm sorry!"

"No, my lady. I apologize for scaring you."

Leojan's smile looked very warm. It really suited him. Unlike his seemingly emotionless exterior, he's actually a warm-hearted person. Or so people thought.

In fact, he is a very dangerous person. The underworld operates at his will...

On the other hand, she was still physically freeze. There's a faint air of awkwardness that surrounded them. Luckily, she thought of stirring the mood by introducing herself formally.

"I, Alethea Castellanos greets the second prince of the Empire." she bowed gracefully.

"Such a lovely day today, and we get to meet." he chuckled.