Chapter 1: Sacrifice

Prologue:

For centuries the shinobi world was torn by war. Several have died from such conflicts and for most, they lived in constant fear of death from enemy shinobi. For that reason, children were trained to fight alongside their parents destined to meet the same fate their ancestors have eons ago. Konohagakure, built on Hashirama's desire for world peace he fought his whole life to obtain it. Originally built from the coalition of various shinobi clans, Konoha prospered to become to most powerful village in the shinobi world thanks to the might Senju and Uchiha clans, the former known for their array of jutsus and the latter for their fierce prowess. It is widely believed that Hashirama defeated his old friend turned enemy, Madara for maintain the peace in the village they both created. Izuna Uchiha, Madara's younger brother opted to remain loyal to the village, reluctantly fighting against his brother.

"Why do you still side with these fools' little brother? Don't you realize the Senju clan doesn't care about us. They'll drive us out or I fear something far worse. I've only done so, to save our clan from their control." Madara said lying down fatally injured as Izuna kneels to face his older brother.

"I understand your intentions, but you are mistaken brother, war is not the way as it only create more suffering to break this curse of hatred is to understand one another once you are in someone else's shoes then can peace be firmly established that is what I want to do" he gestured towards the outskirts of the village.

"Can't you see this village is a testament of our ideals of brotherhood and unity for that I will gladly lay my life for this. I've only wished you were here to celebrate elder brother" Izuna answered as his eyes began to water.

'I see you're not going to change your mind before you go, I have a gift for you if our clan's future is to remain in the village then I want you have these I don't want these fallen by enemy hands I trust that you'll use responsibly" he said taking out his own eye from his socket handing them to Izuna.

"Brother!" he cried.

"Don't cry younger brother a battle shouldn't end with sadness we should always celebrate our victories. That's what father would have said to us" he said wiping aware his tears in a small smile.

"May the Gods be in your favor. I do really hope you are making the right choice. Though I have failed I am proud of you my little brother no doubt you will carry the legacy of our clan but promise me this, that you carry on the legacy of our clan make sure you lead it to new prosperous heights" Madara said in one rarest smile as he breathed his final breath.

Izuna broke down in grief of his brother's death as Hashirama buried his old friend as a sign of respect.

"I'm sorry things have end this way old friend, but I promise to take care of your brother may you rest your soul" thought Hashirama standing next to Izuna.

"I promise brother that our clan will prosper, and I will carry your dream for peace."

Izuna became the advisor to the Senju brothers. During his lifetime he became known as the "Peacemaker" for establishing relations with the other major clans. He led the Uchiha clan to a period of peace and prosperity as they became the major force in the village. Under his guidance many Uchihas settled in center of village where they played important roles. His philosophy of "understanding each other" helped the village to become it is known today. His legacy continues under his son Minato who is now leading the nation against Iwagakure in the third shinobi war. He also shares his father's ideals for peace as he used his natural talent for combat to fight off any enemies that threaten his village.

In the midst stood a young boy, around the age of four his face scratched up from the heat of battle with a look of sadness as he witnessed a fellow shinobi die right in front him. He stares at the corpse on the verge of crying.