Chapter 29

The next few weeks soon passes in a blink of the eye. It seems everything has once again returned to as much normality as one could hope. No-more sightings of Paul and the police have once again spoke of how 'they are doing all they can'. It's not enough for Charley to simmer the trembling anxiety she lives threw day to day. Hunter, though appears calm, is reeling at how Paul once again managed to slip. Little to Charley's acknowledgement, Hunter has set his own security measures. He has hired Private Investigator's and Trackers to find Paul.

Charley has resumed back to work, enjoying how routine has been restored. She may live in fear but she can't hold the light smile that graces her face every time her mind wonders to her significant other. It has been blissful. The tenderness and affection Hunter pours to her on a daily basis, blossoms the warm butterfly churning in her stomach. Never has a man made her feel so good, wanted and happy. His respect and attentiveness drives the warm snug shocks through her veins.

Charley dazed at her computer screen, not paying an interest until the obnoxious 'ping' brought her to her senses. Another email from the amorous stalker.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: charley.scott@he.com

From: 831@he.com

Subject:  When you fall...

I'll pick you up,

When you cry

I'll dry those tears,

When in need of comfort

I'll provide the hug,

When you pull back together

I'll stand strong with you,

When you need a friend

I'll be there for you,

And when you're ready to open your heart

I'll be waiting,

However long that maybe.

11.58am. 1st August 2011. Hunter Enterprises.

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it was not the lovely sentiment it was desired to be, Charley would be highly freaked out. She had a sneaking suspicion the adoring emails were being sent by Aidan Hunter, well, she hoped so anyway. She often found herself daydreaming of the future. Fantasizing they could have it all. A  white house with a wooden porch, a beautiful lawn and a gate, two children and a pet dog. She wanted it all with him, something she never thought would ever be in her sights.

She sat contemplating on a response. Something, anything, that would give a big hint to whom the secret admirer may be. Ask him. Could she though? Could she just ask him outright who he is? If it is a he. The thought sent a creepy vibe through her. As open minded as she may be, it wouldn't mean she would happily go all lesbian. Even if it wasn't a female, her heart belonged with Hunter and no other. But that didn't stop the curiosity from building. What to reply? She tapped her chin whilst gazing at the screen.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

To: 831@he.com