Chapter 22: The Cutie Re-Mark - Part 1

It was the middle of the evening at Canterlot as Princess Celestia has tasked Twilight and (Y/N) to give a speech to some ponies at Celestia's School of Magic to show how Cutie Mark's work in their time. They've known for a long time that Cutie Marks have always been by their side through their time in the past as the source of how both of them along with the rest of the Mane 7 got their Cutie Marks was Rainbow Dash's Sonic Rainboom.

Twilight Sparkle and (Y/N) were now standing behind a lectern practicing their speech with Spike being the only spectator in the audience.

Twilight Sparkle: If somepony had told me when I was a blank flank that one day I'd give a speech to a class at Celestia's School of Magic with the Hero of Equestria, I wouldn't have believed it, but. . .

Long pause, followed by a brief, nervous grin and a slight scowl. She nudges (Y/N) beside her who rolls his eyes in slight annoyance before pulling out some note cards in his magic grasp and levitates them up to Twilight as he shuffles them for her to read.

Twilight Sparkle: We hope that we have been up to the task, because we can tell that all of you are and that the future of Equestrian magic is in good hooves.

(Y/N): I'm sure all of you have very ambitious dreams that you wish to accomplish in the future as know from both of us that everypony is bound to succeed in anything and receive a special talent for it.

They are met by the sound of a solitary individual's clapping from Spike. The three are in a lecture hall at Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, and a solitary overhead light picks them out while Spike stands among the cushions scattered on the raised tiers of seats.

Spike: Wow, hehe. That was even better than the first eleven times.

(Y/N): *sighs* Alright, Twilight. It's best that we get ready to head to sleep. We've been practicing for hours and it's almost night time.

Twilight Sparkle: Eh, I don't know, you guys. I'd like to be able to get through the whole speech without looking at the cards.

(Y/N): Why? You love talking about stuff like this in front of other ponies and even students too. How can you be nervous?

Twilight Sparkle: Oh, I'm not nervous, sweetie, but I do have to set a good example, especially for magic students. That's why this speech has to be. . .

(Y/N) and Spike both sigh heavily as Twilight was anticipating both of them to finish that sentence.

(Y/N) & Spike: Perfect.

Twilight Sparkle: Exactly. Let's go through it one more time.

She clears her throat as (Y/N) stood beside her not really looking very enthusiastic while Spike flops wearily back against one of the cushions and slumps down

Twilight Sparkle: When Princess Celestia asked us to speak to you today, we are honored to have the opportunity to talk about my favorite subject: magic.

(Y/N): *unenthusiastically* And my favorite subject to go along with the topic of magic: valor and heroism.

Twilight Sparkle: (Y/N)! Can you least sound like you care? Ugh! Let's start over again! We need it to be perfect, so can you act like there are actual students in front of you?

(Y/N): No one is in here, but us and Spike. Who's gonna care how I'm acting right now?

Twilight Sparkle: I do! You're a lot more confident than that, so show it like you're being a real hero!

(Y/N): *sighs* Whatever. . .

Twilight Sparkle: Alright, one more time from the top!

The speech begins once more as this time, (Y/N) puts on a forced smile to make himself look like he was actually enjoying this rehearsal while he's really tired of it now that they're going over it for the twelfth in a half time.