Chapter 21: The Mane Attraction

Today is going to be one exciting day for all of Ponyville as from this afternoon to tonight, a concert is going on which is featuring a popular popstar singer. Applejack, since she's the best known hard worker all around Ponyville, has been selected to help manage the stage and she without any doubt knew that she had it all handled out like raisin' a barn.

The stage was a bank of overhead spotlights, a mirrored disco ball, apples on both sides of the stairs, and Applejack directing three ponies in the heavy lifting. Rainbows and stars form the rest of the backdrop. 

Rainbow Dash then flies up with the end of a string of pennants in her teeth. She hooks it to a pole and looks across the way, where Cloudchaser is securing the other end, and Applejack smiles her satisfaction from ground level. Each pole is hung with a banner that shows a heart between two diamonds. 

Fluttershy and Rarity are using mouth and magic, respectively, to string bunting along the edge of a runway that projects outward from the stage. After getting the farmer's approval, they turn to other work and she checks a clipboard held at eye level in Amethyst Star's field. A nod, and the unicorn departs with the board as two Pegasi fly a pennant string overhead and both (Y/N) and Twilight Sparkle approach. 

Towers of speakers have been set up on the grass at either end of the stage, which projects from a band shell styled as a giant apple. All of this work is taking place in a meadow among the Sweet Apple Acres orchards.

(Y/N): Wow, Applejack! Are you sure you've never managed a concert before? The way all of this is set up and organized, I would say that you practically have a hobby for it.

Applejack: Well, it turns out doin' up a concert's the same as settin' up a rodeo.

(Y/N): And thanks to Pinkie's connections organizing the Ponypalooza Rock Concert, we've got quite a lineup for the Helping Hooves Music Festival.

She floats up a really long document before it is shoved andcrumpled upward by Pinkie Pie's head when she straightens up into view.

Pinkie Pie: Twilight! (Y/N)! Applejack! Rainbow Dash! Rarity! Fluttershy! Spike! Pinkie Pie!

She zips to each other pony and dragon in turn as she names them and ends by addressing her own reflection. She is grinning at her image in a pane of mirror glass being carried by two stallions.

Pinkie Pie: Oh wait, that's me. Everypony!!

The other seven she called walk over to her.

(Y/N): What's going on, Pinks? Is there a sort a problem that requires all of us?

Pinkie Pie: Problem?! Close, sweetie, but no~! I have the most amazing news ever! 

She then whisks over towards (Y/N) as she gets up in his face more and more in the sentence.

Pinkie Pie: It is totally gonna freak your frizz!

She then quickly pecks (Y/N) on the lips for a little endearment as it made him smile before he focuses back on Pinkie.

Rainbow Dash: Well, spill it, Pinkie!

Pinkie Pie: It wasn't easy. In fact, it was terribly difficult. But I have managed to book the biggest pony pop star in all of Equestria as the main attraction of the Helping Hooves Music Festival!

She finishes this line by standing right in front of Applejack and popping her hindquarters into the air, as if ready to buck a tree.

Applejack: Sapphire Shores?

Pinkie drops back to all fours disdainful.

Pinkie Pie: Sapphire Shores?! Please! Sapphire Shores is merely the "second" biggest pony pop star in Equestria. I have booked the one, the only. . .