Chapter 17: Pinkie Pie Knows Hearth's Warming

Today was going to be a special surprise for the Mane 7. . . well almost all of the Mane 7. Our best pink party pony, Pinkie Pie found out earlier today from Mrs. Cake that Shining Armor and Princess Cadance are going to have a baby soon. When Pinkie Pie found out about this news, she was so excited that she could scream to the top of her lungs as she planned to tell the others, but Mrs. Cake revealed that this news was supposed to be a top secret from the two. Pinkie Pie already knows that she's terrible at keeping secrets about others when it's this exciting, but luckily even after getting into many mishaps, she was able to keep the others from knowing about the truth up to now.

Shining Armor and Princess Cadance have planned to come to the Castle of Friendship to visit Twilight and the others as they were getting prepared for their arrival. Rainbow Dash flies past, carrying a bell with sprays of flowers attached, and the camera tilts down to an overhead shot of the thrones and the table. Applejack sweeps the floor, while Fluttershy polishes the table and (Y/N) levitates a bowl of flowers down to rest in its center. Rarity then trots across the room with a stack of plates in her field, Spike totes some folded tablecloths, and Twilight stands by the door with a clipboard in her magical grip to supervise the proceedings. Pinkie makes her way to the open doors, one tray of snacks balanced on a front hoof and a second on her head.

Twilight Sparkle: Those look yummy, Pinkie! Let me help you! 

Her magic takes hold and floats them away, leaving the pink mare to step listlessly into the room. Twilight settles the goodies onto the table, having disposed of her clipboard.

Twilight Sparkle: But we better cover them up so they don't get spoiled.

A domed cover is brought down onto each tray.

Pinkie Pie: Why would they get spoiled? We're all gonna eat them super soon!

(Y/N): Oh, right. Shining Armor and Cadance said that they'll be backed up for a bit. They won't arrive until Saturday.

His last sentence sends Pinkie into a quivery frown, then a popeyed, lopsided grimace that might be a hair's breadth away from a full-blown conniption. . . Finally she snaps.

Pinkie Pie: WHAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?

They all look up to then see Pinkie perched on one of the roots of the Golden Oak Library chandelier as she starts hyperventilating.

Pinkie Pie: *hyperventilating* You mean. . . *gasp* I have. . . *gasp* to wait. . . *gasp* another whole day?! I don't know if I can!

(Y/N): Uh, why. . .? Is their arrival a big deal to you or something? Actually, you've been acting quite strange all day.

Twilight Sparkle: Pinkie Pie, do you have something you need to say?

The unstrung mare sucks in a long gasp while desperately shaking her head with warring impulses to tell it all versus keeping it under wraps. She snaps out of the fit by clapping both front hooves over her mouth.

Fluttershy: We're here to listen.

Applejack: Well, go on then, sugarcube.

Rarity: We're not going to judge you, darling.

Spike: You'll feel so much better once you get it off your chest!

Up top, Pinkie has procured a balloon and is inflating it one ragged breath at a time. Rainbow Dash hovers right in front of her with an encouraging smile.

Rainbow Dash: Come on. 

The balloon bursts as she moves to touch Pinkie's shoulders.

Rainbow Dash: Whatever it is, you can tell us! We're best friends!