Chapter 9: Celestial Hearts

There is never a day in Equestria where the ponies are not living their peaceful lives as the Royal Sisters rule over them day and night making sure that they are indeed pleased with their actions for them all over Equestria. While their jobs are indeed worth it, they are definitely not easy at all. In fact, everyday is pretty much an exhausting day for Princess Celestia as she barely gets any time to relax throughout her days as the ruler of Equestria.

Inside of the royal city of Canterlot, it is morning time at the royal palace as at the balcony, Princess Celestia could be seen using her magic to raise the sun as it is what she does every single day so that ponies can wake up from their slumber that her sister, Princess Luna controls when she is monitoring their dreams. When the sun was fully risen, Celestia pulls out a list and uses a quill to mark down that she has gotten her first task done for the day.

Later in the morning, she is seen at the town hall where she is tasked at handling the problems and decisions that ponies need her opinion or dispute on. Celestia was at a table writing on her list before she looks up and sees an awful lot of ponies lined up to see her this early with looks ranging from neutral to strict. Seeing this gives her an uneasy look on her face as she already knew that this was going to be tedious process.

When Princess Celestia was able to take some of her time to wind down and take a short break from her duties in the morning, she is seen calmly sipping on some tea with a smile. However, just as she was enjoying her tiny break, a flash appeared over her head and a scroll drops right into her tea cup most likely coming from Twilight back in Ponyville. This causes some of the tea to splash out and Celestia just looks right at the scroll with a slightly annoyed grimace.

When she was in her throne room, Princess Celestia was sitting down waiting for ponies who had an appointment with her. She seemed a little bit bored so she looks off to the side at one of her Royal Guards and smirks cunningly. She slowly reaches her hoof out before tapping the Guard's shoulder from the opposite side of where Celestia was causing him to look one way, but he instantly knew that Celestia was the culprit as he grew a serious look and glared back at her. Princess Celestia just tried to be funny by acting like she was innocent and even the other guard found it amusing.

For a couple of hours, Princess Celestia had more duties to take care of as she had to make quite a few public appearances all around Canterlot just so she can smile and wave her subjects hello with a smile. While at first it looked like that she was enjoying the job, as time passed, her smile didn't change, but her face did as she seemed to look kind of tired of going everywhere around Canterlot just for one simple task.

When it was for her to take a rest again, she decided to take that time in her lounge room in the palace. While the carpets felt soft and comfortable, Celestia wasn't really sure of what position to lay in as the pillows and area almost looked as if it were built more for a cat rather than a pony.

When her next break was over, Princess Celestia was now in charge of approving documents that needed to be signed as she had a quill in her magic grasp, writing on a parchment with a bored look on her face. She repeatedly does some over and over before she sees one and gets a smile on her face before she decides to write a cute little drawing of what looked to be herself on the parchment. She showed it to the stallion that was providing the letters for her and all he does is deadpan at the picture not really caring about it at all. Celestia sees his reaction and her frown is put on her face as she just decides to continue on signing what needs to be approved.