Chapter 10: Party Pooped

Today was going to be quite an odd day for the Mane 7 as they have volunteered to hold a welcoming committee for a very special and unique species from an entirely different land in all of Equestria. They were a species different from ponies and they were none other than the Yaks from the country Yakyakistan. They are all gathered at the Castle of Friendship standing side by side in a line, and Twilight Sparkle was pacing the carpet in front of them. She doubles back to Pinkie Pie at one end with a queasy smile and a poke at the pink shoulder.

Twilight Sparkle: You look nervous. There's no reason to be nervous. Nothing to worry about. Everything's gonna be fine!

She said this with a deranged little grin as Pinkie pokes at Twilight's chest.

Pinkie Pie: Twilight, tell those butterflies in your tummy to beat it! Making new friends is always fun.

The Princess moans and puts a hoof to her forehead, sweat beginning to trickle down her face, as Fluttershy steps over to her.

Fluttershy: They're probably just as nervous as you are.

(Y/N): I wouldn't count on it, Flutters. As much as I don't want to admit it. . . I'm a little nervous too. This is the Yaks that we're talking about here. I know it's been so long since Equestria and Yakyakistan have even negotiated with each other, but Yaks have huge and I mean HUGE pride in themselves. Even if one thing goes wrong, it could be detrimental for us.

Applejack then walks up to (Y/N) and wraps a foreleg around his shoulder.

Applejack: Aw, don't let it all get in yer head so soon, hun. Y'all been plannin' this shindig for weeks. You know everything about these fellers. It's gonna be dandy.

(Y/N): I guess so. . . You hear that, Twi? Let's actually see what these Yaks are like with us before we start panicking like you always do. . .

(Y/N) says this as he deadpans over to Twilight who was still sweating, but she then does the breathing exercise she learned from Princess Cadance in and adds a brief flaring and furling of her wings at the same time.

Twilight Sparkle: You're right. Remember, Equestria and Yakyakistan haven't opened their borders for hundreds of moons.

This scares (Y/N) again, along with Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity just a bit.

(Y/N): And that gives me a reason to be nervous again. . .

He then shakes his head clear of that thought and gets a serious look on his face.

(Y/N): No! This is something that can't just happen everyday and even if there is unexpected circumstances, then I'm sure we can come up with plenty reasons or ways to fix them.

Twilight Sparkle: You're right. In fact, Yakyakistan is so far north of the Crystal Mountains, nopony's even been there! Imagine the look on Princess Celestia's face when she finds out we made friends with a yak prince!

She gives off a shaky giggle as she tries to compose herself.

Twilight Sparkle: I'm calm! I'm calm. . .

A trumpet fanfare cuts off any further attempt to pull herself together and at the double doors, Spike stands playing the instrument.

(Y/N): Oh boy. . . Here they come. . .

The doors are then flung open, smashing Spike against the nearest bit of crystal wall and allowing a red carpet to be unrolled toward the seven equines. The broad, massive figures of two brown yaks can be seen beyond the doors, as can a patch of blue daytime sky. The carpet reaches its full length, its leading edge stopping just short of the hooves of some of the seven ponies who had mixed apprehensive and smiling faces.