Ten

I hate being here. I hate being near him. That insolent wanker who won't leave me alone. At this point, I'd rather bunk with Felix. Sure, Felix has been annoying but not as much as Pan. I could go to Mermaid Lagoon but I don't really want to be around those idiot twits and have them try to drown me...again. All though, it would be fun to see them quaking in their fins because a certain devil did promise to murder them if they tried something like that again. And with me back, I'm pretty sure those sardines are going to be bloody pissed.

I broke out of my thoughts when I saw the devil himself offering me his hand. "And here I thought I was finally getting some peace and quiet," I said while giving him a sarcastic smile.

Pan raised his brow at me. "Peace and quiet?" he repeated while motioning to the Lost Boys, who were dancing around the fire and cheering.

"Did I say peace and quiet? I meant unbothered." I let out a breath. "Why did Dodger have to leave so soon? At least I would have man's best friend by my side." And, hopefully, I can sneak away so I can see Fagin and Tiger Lily. Maybe they can help me come up with some kind of plan to get us off this death trap.

"I'll make sure the Lost Boys keep an eye out for him. But until then, there's something I wanna show you."

I pursed my lips and pondered in thought. Me alone with Pan? "Nah, I think I'll pass. Thanks, though."

Pan gave me a look. "It's nothing terrible."

"Yeah, but the idea of me being alone with you is repulsing. Who knows what kind of bloody tricks you'll try to use on me?"

"Oh, like that little stunt you pulled back at the treehouse?" I glared at him. "I promise you, Cassie, no tricks."

I tilted my head as I looked at him suspiciously. "You say no tricks but usually you don't do something unless it benefits you. So, I'm not going anywhere." A huge smirk appeared on my face when I saw the anger behind Pan's eyes. The satisfaction I'm getting right now when something isn't going his way. "Awww, did I hurt your wee feelings?"

When he didn't say anything, I took that as my cue to get up and leave. I guess I'll wait for Dodger to come back and we can head out once the Lost Boys sleep. Or that's what I thought before I felt Pan lifting me up before hauling me over his shoulder.

"Pan, you bloody bastard, put me down!" I shouted. No response from him whatsoever. He lifted his hand and we were soon engulfed by green smoke. I wasn't paying attention as I began hitting his back. "You better put me down right now!" I punched his back harder when I felt his hand resting on my bum. "Don't touch my ass, asshole!"

"Wouldn't want you to fall," he retorted with a cocky smirk.

"Pan, you better put me down, right now."

He stopped. "Ok."

My body was suddenly thrown off him. I let out a small yell as my body submerged in water. Once I was above, I pushed my now wet hair back and yelled, "Are you out of your freakin' mind?!" Soon, I covered my face to avoid getting splashed when Pan jumped in. "I guess that answers that."

Pan soon rose and smirked at me. "You don't know where we are, do you?"

I looked around the body of water. "This better not be Mermaid Lagoon. I will turn those mermaids into -" Pan rolled his eyes before turning me around. My mouth soon dropped when I realized where he took me.

The waterfall that connects to the spring of Neverland. To others, the spring is the cure for Dreamshade but for me...this is the place where Pan and I shared my first everything. Our first kiss, my first confession, the first time I had sex with him. This was our place. A place where we would go to get away from the Lost Boys, or for me to get away from Papa when he becomes unbearable.

"You're unbelievable," I muttered as I tried to swim away from him.

Pan grabbed my arm and pulled me back. "Cassie -"

I glared at him. "It's Cassandra. Only the people I care about can call me Cassie."

"It didn't seem to bother you back then," he retorted.

"Back then I didn't know you were the bloody devil." I covered my face again when Pan splashed water at me. "Stop that!"

"Why? I am the devil," he said before splashing water at me. He ignored my yells for him to stop. "Aww, is the pirate afraid of a little water?"

I glared at him before splashing water back. "I thought you knew better than to mess with one."

I continued to splash him and somehow we went into this little splashing war. I swam over and grabbed his head before dunking him into the water. He swam up before grabbing my waist again and throwing me across the pond. I couldn't help but laugh. But my laugh soon died down as I remembered who I'm with.

"Why did you really bring me here, Pan?" I asked. "This better not be some trick -"

Pan shrugged as he swam toward me. "I promised you no tricks. You know better than anyone that I keep my word." He gave me a smile. "I figured you needed to relax."

"I'll be more relaxed when I'm back home. And I know you can make that happen."

"Not an option."

"And why not?" I got closer to him. "You broke up with me, remember? You chose to let me go. You can't suddenly change your mind and kidnap me."

Peter stayed silent for a good moment before saying, "My magic's dying." He let out a breath. "That's why I brought you back. I hate how we left things and I would hate myself if I didn't get to see you one last time."

I rolled my eyes at his obvious lie. "Pan, you're not going to die. I can promise you that," I said. "You always have something up your sleeve."

"Not this time. I don't have the Heart of the Truest Believer." He looked up at the night sky. "Do you remember your promise?"

"You mean the one I made when I was twelve?" I asked flatly.

He nodded as a small smile came to his face. "If I didn't have the heart then you would give me yours. Oh, how we didn't know how right you were."

"It wasn't like we had that planned. It just happened," I admitted. "We did have some good times together."

"We still could."

I gave him a look. "I'm not having sex with you, Pan."

He chuckled. "I wasn't talking about that, but if you're offering..." This time he let out a genuine laugh before tilting my chin up and making me look at the sky. More importantly right in front of the waterfall. "How about this?"

My eyes soon widened as I see the bright lights coming from above the waterfall. Not just any lights. Tiny dots were flying over the cliff before Pan and I were surrounded by fireflies. A huge smile came to my face as I look at the bright glowing lights that danced around us.

"I forgot how beautiful these are," I breathed.

My breathing got caught in my throat as Pan tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "You always were," he said.

I turned and looked at him. He was already looking at me as he slowly started to lean down. My body froze. My mind was telling me to push him away or slap him but my heart was telling me something else. His warm lips soon met with mine. My eyes were closed as his hands cradled my face.

Push him away.

Push him away.

He's the devil.

He's a demon.

He's using you.

All those thoughts came crawling to me. I know this is wrong. I should be finding a way off this island. Not kiss the guy who left me heartbroken all those years ago.

I slowly pushed him away from me. "I, um, I think we should head back before they start looking for us," I muttered as I put little distance between us.

"Yeah, we, uh, we should. I do have something I need to take care of."

I didn't look at him. I just gave a nod before we got out of the water and headed back.

What the bloody hell am I doing?