Fourteen

I don't like this one bit. Henry is with me, but Pan is always disappearing from the camp. That's not a good thing at all. Pan out and about means only one thing - he's scheming. He's plotting to take Henry's heart and maybe find a way to separate us. What I need to do is get Henry away from the camp and hide with Figan and Tiger Lily. Then give Figan the great news about the real rescue team arriving.

"What are you thinking about?" Henry asked as we packed up. Before Pan left, he ordered all of us to move camp. A few Lost Boys would try to talk to Henry and ask him to help but I glared at them in warning before they backed away. Now, we were walking further in the Dark Forest. I tried to have us in the back of the group, but Felix ordered one of the Lost Boys - Devin, I believe - to make sure we stayed in the middle so we wouldn't run off.

"Your moms," I lied. Part one is ensuring Henry never gives up hope that his moms are coming for us. "I can only imagine Regina going Godzilla to find you with Emma right behind her."

"They'll find us, don't worry," he smiled at me. "And I know Mr. Gold and Hook are coming for you too."

I scoffed as my hand went to the hilt of my sword. "Doubt it. They think I'm dead because of Tamara and Gregg."

"But you're not." I looked at him with my brow raised. "I'm positive they're gonna come for you."

"At least one of us is optimistic," I stated with a grin then it slowly faltered again. Should I tell Henry about my past with Pan? It'll be better if he hears it from me than someone else. He has read the story about my past with Papa and Snow, but how much does that storybook of his reveal? "Hey, Henry." He looked at me. "Have you read about my adventures here?"

"I did, but...for some reason, that part of the story was short. Why?"

I took a deep breath and forced us to stop. Henry looked at me confusingly as I knelt to his height and grabbed his shoulders. "Henry. Do you remember in your story how Snow would make me feel better because I would miss someone named Peter?"

"Yeah, my book says he's your true love."

I clenched my jaw and tried not to show how annoyed I was with the book. "Henry, that Peter they're describing is Peter Pan."

"Really? That means he's one of the good guys."

My mouth flew open. I love how Henry wants to see the good in everyone, except Pan is anything but good. "No, he's not. He's a monster and you shouldn't trust him. Please don't believe anything he tells you. I made that mistake and look where it got me."

Henry furrowed his brows. "If he's not trustworthy, then why haven't you tried leaving?"

"I've tried but he won't let me out of his sight." I looked ahead to make sure none of the Lost Boys could hear. "I have a friend here who needs our help. Once it's safe, we'll make a break for it and hide with him. Then...I'll find a way to get us back to our parents, ok?"

Henry nodded. "Ok." I was about to get up, but stopped because he asked, "Do you still love him?"

My heart beats radically. It wanted me to shout to the world that I'm still in love with him. That bloody pull wants me to run to Pan. Run to him, kiss him, and repeat those three words all over to him. My body craves his touch. It yearns for the goosebumps, the good chill, that only he can give me.

"No," I lied again. My hands reached up and cradled Henry's face. "Henry, whatever happens on this island, I promise to protect you. We're gonna escape this place and reunite with our parents. But this is only going to work if you stick by me."

"Ok, I promise."

"Good."

Our little moment was ruined when Devin realized we weren't behind them and yelled, "Keep moving!"