Nine

Neverland (Past) (3rd POV)

Just as promised, Peter Pan let Cassandra Jones grow up. He and the Lost Boys never stepped foot near the Jolly Roger in seven years. Killian always made sure that Cassandra never set foot in Neverland unless she's with him. Just like today, Captain Hook was searching through the island to talk to Tiger Lily. Unfortunately, seven-year-old Cassandra Jones caught glimpse of a green glowing butterfly fluttering near her and decided to chase it.

All that could be heard from the island is Cassandra Jones's laughter. Every time the butterfly would land on a rock, Cassandra would try to capture it. She would only chuckle more when her attempts fail and she goes chasing the butterfly again. Running out from behind a tree Cassandra spotted the butterfly on this massive boulder.

"I'm gonna get you," she laughed before she jumped. Her hands cupped around the boulder. A huge smile came to her face, slowly faltering when she removed her hands to see no butterfly. But it was bought back when she saw the butterfly flying above her.

Cassandra jumped off of the boulder and started running after it. She made sure she stepped around every fallen branch, avoided every Dreamshade bush. Cassandra stopped moments after when she couldn't find the butterfly anymore.

"Are you lost?" she heard. Cassandra jumped in fright before spinning around. The blonde hair, green-eyed stranger chuckled before holding his hands up in surrender. "I didn't mean to frighten you." Cassandra took a step back cautiously. "Can't speak?"

"Papa told me not to talk to strangers," Cassandra said.

The boy raised his brow. "Did he?"  He slowly walked toward her. "Well, you're Papa is right. You shouldn't be talking to strangers. Especially in a place like this." He knelt so he was eye level with her. "You can call me Peter. Peter Pan." He pointed at her. "And you are the lovely Cassandra Jones." Pan smiled. "See we're not strangers anymore, are we?"

She shook her head. "I don't think so...but you're bloody weird."

Pan's smile dropped immediately, which caused the girl to chuckle. "Oh, you're joking?"

"No, you're still weird" she admits. "But I like you." She gasped as she spotted the butterfly behind him. "There it is! Don't let it get away."

She ran past Pan and started chasing the creature again. Pan slowly stood up and watched as the girl ran around in circles. Her hands clapping together while she jumped to capture the butterfly. Pan smirked as he stood.

"She's not ready yet," he said as he watched her, Cassandra clearly not paying attention to him. The butterfly soon fluttered towards Pan. The boy held his hand up. The butterfly gracefully landed on his finger as Cassandra stopped in front of him.

"You caught it!" she shouted happily.

Pan held the butterfly in front of him. "Is this why you were lost?"

"No," Cassandra lied. Pan raised his brow at her. "Maybe?"

"Have you ever seen butterflies like this?" he asked.

"No. I've been mostly on water. I've just seen mermaids but Papa told me to stay away from them."

"Do you always listen to what your Papa says?"

"Yes. But he only does it to protect me," Cassandra recited all the times she asked Killian if she could go explore Neverland alone...but he always responds with a no.

Pan seemed to notice the sadness in her voice. "And you don't like it?"

"I appreciate what Papa is doing. He's only protecting me so he won't lose me like Mama."

"And what happened to your mother?"

"She was murdered by a bloody devil," she quaked. She knew about Rumplestiltskin. She stumbled onto the deck a few years ago when Killian was talking to Smee about that day. They heard the floorboard of the ship creak and saw her. With no other choice, they told her everything that happened. "He killed her in front of Papa and almost took me." Her voice trembled. "I don't want the Crocodile to take me."

"And he won't," Peter found himself promising. The words flew out of his mouth before he could even process what he was saying. He wasn't going to say those words but he found himself saying it anyway. "But you have to promise me something." Pan used his free hand to capture the butterfly. "That you come with me to meet the Lost Boys the next time you're here alone."

Cassandra shook her head. "I can't come alone. Papa would be very mad at me."

Pan grinned. "Who says he has to know?" A green light soon glowed in Peter's hand. Cassandra watched in amazement before the light died down. Peter opened his hand to reveal a small ring with a green gem. He held it up to her. "If you ever want to come visit, this ring will bring you back right here." He placed the ring on her finger. "And when you're here, I'll introduce you to the Lost Boys."

"Why can't I meet them now? If they're anything like you then I'll bloody love them."

"Cassie!" they heard someone shout.

Pan let out an annoyed chuckle. "That's why," he responded. He looked at the little girl. "Don't worry, Cassandra. You'll see me again. And don't mention me to your papa, ok?"

"Ok...You can call me Cassie," Cassandra said. "Only the people I like can call me that. The other twinks can't."

This time he let out a genuine chuckle. "Ok, Cassie."

Pan held his hand up and poofed out away. Cassandra spun around when Killian came around one of the trees. He sighed in relief when he saw his daughter there unharmed.

"Cassie," he breathed. He walked over and embraced his daughter. "What did I tell you about running off like that?"

"I'm sorry, Papa," Cassandra returned the hug, "I saw a butterfly but it got away."

Hook pulled away with a sigh. "You can't be running off, Cassie. What if that butterfly was dangerous? You have to remember, everything on this island is a bloody trap."

"I forgot," she pouted. She grabbed Hook's hand and started pulling him, new excitement bubbling inside her. "Come on, let's get back to the ship."

Neverland (Present) (3rd POV)

Pan looked at the Lost Boys in utter boredom as they danced around the fire. He could still feel Cassandra's lips on his. The warmth filling his cold heart. If he didn't know that she planned on seducing him then he would have taken things further. He missed the feeling of her on him. He missed her presence. He missed her in general. Pan waited so long for her to return to Neverland. He would have taken her back with him when she was Jax Gold. But that would have meant making her fall in love with him again. He would have gladly accepted the challenge but time was running out for him.

"She's still being stubborn?" Felix asked as he sat down next to Pan, who glared at him.

"Still doesn't change things," Pan said. He sat up straighter. "She can deny it all she wants but I know she still loves me."

"Our little Sparrow does like to make things difficult." Felix gave Pan a smirk. "Home Office got a little call today. We should be expecting our guest of honor soon. That just leaves you with Sparrow."

"Which doesn't give me enough time then." Something lit inside Peter's head. "And I might have an idea to get her to warm up to me again."

Felix raised his brow. "Does this involve some sort of love spell?"

"No, point in a love spell if it breaks after our first kiss." Pan stood up. "If this doesn't convince her she belongs to me...then I know something else that can."

》》》》

A/N: Shit, I'm sorry. I didn't realize it's almost seven months since I've updated this.