It's okay

Hotch's POV: Jack hasn't gone back to school since he got beat up and has been clinging to Spencer or I everytime we are at work. I watch as he sits next to Spencer and leans into him. Jack works on his school work and Spencer finishes filing reports. His face is still bruised and we had to take him to the doctor to get his nose put back in place.Spencer is so carful with how he acts with Jack and I sometimes wonder how Morgan and Emily haven't picked up on the fact that Spencer is Jack's other parent. Morgan walks into my office a bit and knocks on the door. "Hey Hotch are you going to join us for a drink?" He asks and I take another look at Jack. "I can't, not with Jack around." "Why is it that you and Spencer gave me the same response?" He asks. I look at him and sigh. "Because we can't take a child into a bar." "It's early enough that they would let him in. I can buy the kid a soda if you'll let me." He asks and I nod reluctantly. "Fine." He nods and walks back out of my office. I see him go over to Spencer and Jack to tell them the plan and Jack and Spencer nod. When it get's time to go Jack grabs all of his school things and puts them back in his bag. I was over to him and Spencer to grab his bag and carry it out with my bag. 

At the bar

Morgan goes to grab our drinks and comes back with all of them and a Root beer for Jack. We all sit and talk for a while before Jack starts to get sleepy and leans into me. I move his drink away from him and kiss the top of his head before standing up and carrying him out to my car. I set him in the back seat and buckle him in before getting in the drivers seat and heading home. When we get there I park the car in the garage and get out. Jack hasn't moved yet so I open the door and unbuckle him before picking him up and shutting the car door. I walk to the door leading inside the house and open it quietly. Jack shifts in his sleep a bit before remaining still again. I take him to his room and lay him on his bed to take off his shoes before pulling the covers over him and walking out of his room and shutting the door. I go and shut the door leading to the garage and lock it again before going to the living room and turning on the TV as I start to work on dinner. An hour latter Spencer comes home and lays down on the couch. "Never leave me with Emily at the bar again. It's hell." He says and I chuckle. "I'm sorry hon. Jack got sleepy and I had to take him home to rest." Spencer nods and gets up and walks into the kitchen to help with dinner. "I love you." He says and I turn and kiss him. "I love you too." I finish up with dinner and Jack comes out a little bit before Spencer was going to wake him up. "Hey buddy, you ready for dinner?" He yawns and nods his head as he sits down in his chair. Spencer get's his plate fixed and sets in front of Jack. I get Spencer and I's plates fixed before setting them down and we all eat dinner and when we're done Jack and Spencer do the dishes. When they finish Jack hugs us both and goes and gets ready for bed before going back to sleep. 

The next day

We get up and Jack stays with Jason today. Spencer decides to ride in with me today and we get there just as Dave is pulling in. He gets out of his car and I wave at him before we all walk into the elevator and go up to our floor. Erin walks out to us and hands me a file. "Get your team here as fast as you can. You have a case in Nebraska that needs immediate attention." She says and walks away. I sigh and look it over as the rest of the team starts to show up. "Grab your things we have a case in Nebraska, Garcia make copies and grab your things. You're coming with us." Everyone nods and gets what they need. We all go to the parking garage and get to the jet quickly. I start looking over everything again as the team looks over everything. "What is the point of this case?" "Four heavy built males and they all were stabbed in the heart. The angle of the wound suggest a 5.4 female. All the men look to be around 45 years of age and have black or dirty blond hair." Spencer says and looks at me in the eyes. I nod and sigh as the rest of the team starts looking over things again. "Hotch I don't mean to speak out of line here but these victim look a lot like you." JJ says and I nod. When we land we go to the station and I watch as more and more victims faces that resemble my father. Nothing that says why these victims but it I can't place why this profile seems familiar. "Hotch we got another victim and this time they left a note." Morgan says. "Let Reid look it over and have him get back to me when he's done." With a sigh Morgan leaves the room and goes back to whatever I told him to work on. I continue to look at the board and get nothing. "Aaron maybe you should get up and go take a walk for a while and come back." Dave says and I shake my head. "No I'm fine." He sets a cup of coffee down next to me and leaves while shutting the door. "Damn it why the hell can't I remember where I've seen this at!" I hear the door open and shut before the blinds close and some arms wrap around my waist. I turn around sharply and pull away from the person only to turn around and see Spencer. "Hey hon it's just me, calm down." He says and I sigh. "I'm sorry." He places a hand on the side of my face and gives me a sympathetic smile. "It's okay, I know that this is just getting to you." He says and I sigh. "I just don't understand why this profile seems familiar. It's messing with my head because I know that this is something I've witnessed before." "I know, believe me I know. And I think that you need to read that letter. It's meant for you and it may help you remember why this is messing with your head so much." Spencer says and I nod. "Thank you." I kiss him and place my hands on his waist. "Let's have you read that note." Spencer says. We walk out of the room and go over to the spot that Spencer was working on deciphering that note. I put on a pair of gloves and pick up the note. 

Dear Aaron Hotchner,

You remember me and I know you do. I hated you when you were younger and I hate you now. You and your bastard husband know who the first victim of mine and I know just how much you loved him. I will continue until I get to you. After I get you I will kill you and then your husband and then make my way to your son and kill him as well. You are the reason my life was so fucked up and it will be the end your side of the family.

Sincerely, 

An old face

I put the note down and look at Spencer. They know about us and he's standing next to me like there's nothing wrong. "You, Jack, god if I don't remember who this is you and Jack could die and it would be my fault." "Hey, hey none of that. We can figure this out and there will be no damage to our family." I set the note back down and take off my gloves before resting my head on his shoulder. He wraps his arms around me and rubs my back in a calming manner. I wrap my arms around him as I wrack my brain trying to see if any of this makes sense or why this woman seems to know so much about my family. I hate to admit that I can't find out why there is no possible answer to who the killer is. 

The next day

I sit up in bed and quickly get ready for the day before rushing to the station and going to look at the victim board again. I look at the note as well and it clicks. "No god no, she can't possibly be the one behind this." I sit down in one of the chairs and Garcia walks in as I finish my statement. "Who sir?" She asks and I look back at her. "Penelope read the note and then look back at the victims." She goes to read the note and comes back to look at the board. She does so and stops and looks back at me quickly. Her eyes are clouded with tears and she walks over quickly and hugs me. "Aaron I'm so sorry." She says and I can't stand to look at the board anymore. The rest of the team walks in and I see Spencer catch onto the connection of what we see. "Hotch can we speak outside?" He asks and I nod and get up and leave the room. I see Spencer wave Penelope over with us and we walk out of the station. "Baby we need to tell them. I have to show them the note soon and they're going to start asking questions soon after they do." He says and I nod. Penelope hugs me again and I hug her tightly. "I didn't think that she would ever be back. God I thought that she would never be apart of my life again and yet here she is." "It's okay Aaron it's okay." Spencer says and kisses my cheek. I nod and we all walk back inside to talk with the team. I go and grab the note before walking to the team. "Is that the note from the most recent crime scene?" Morgan asks and I nod. "Everyone sit down, I have some things about this case that I need to discuss with all of you." Everyone but Spencer sits down and I sigh. He nods his head and I look at the note.