Stressed

(God I'm an idiot. Sorry I accidentally deleted the last one of these that I tried to write.)

Hotch's POV: "Hey Hotch, do you want to join us for drinks?" Morgan asks from my office doorway. "No I'm going to head home after this." He laughs and nods. "You're wife wanting some time with you now that you're home?" He says and I look back at the file in front of me and nod. "Alright. Maybe another time." He says and I nod. When he's gone I sigh and lean back in my chair. I know everyone on the team but Jason believes I'm straight. I've got photos of my son and my husband but they all seem to believe that he's a good friend of mine. Which is true but we're also married. Penelope knows him since we were all friends in high school. My phone vibrates in my pocket and I grab it to read what was sent.

J:Go home. I'll finish the file.

It was from Jason and I send a quick reply before putting my phone back in my pocket. I grab my keys and bag before walking to the elevator and waving to Jason.

In the parking garage

I get out of the elevator and walk to my car. I toss my bag in the back seat before getting in the driver's seat and heading home. It wasn't long before I got home and pulled into the garage. Closing the garage door and stepping out of the car. I grab my bag and carry it inside and set it down by the door. "Love?" The house is silent and I slowly walk to our bedroom with a hand on my gun. I open the door slowly to see Spencer laying asleep on the bed with a book open by him and our son laying on him. I calm down my nerves and walk over to them. Leaning down I kiss both of their heads and move a strand of hair out of Spencer's face. He blinks awake and smiles at me. "Hey." He says and rubs his eyes. "Hey." Our son Jack stirs in his sleep and wakes up. I remove my gun from its holster and put it in a small safe. I grab the one from my left ankle and put it in the safe as well. Removing my shoes and blazer, I then walk back over to the bed and sit next to Spencer and Jack. Jack reaches his hands out to me, so I pick him up and hold him. Spencer leans into me while we all sit there. After a while Jack falls back asleep and I go lay him in his crib for the night.

Reid's POV: As Aaron lays Jack down I get up and walk to the kitchen and make him some dinner. When he walks out to the kitchen he walks up behind me and wraps his arms around me. "Jason's been asking when you're going to join us in the field. He says Dave wouldn't mind watching Jack while we're on cases." Aaron says and I continue his dinner. "I don't know. I want to but I'm not sure Dave will truly be okay with watching Jack." I put his food on a plate and set it on the counter. I turn off the stove and turn around in his arms. "Eat your dinner. We can talk about this another day." We kiss before he lets me go and eats his dinner. I do the dishes while he eats and I think about the offer. I mean yes I would love to go to work but if I do, then we run the risk of Jack loosing both of his parents. I might text Jason about this tomorrow and see if Dave is positive he would be okay with watching Jack.

When they're ready for bed

We climb into bed and I hug him while he pulls the comforter over us. His arms wrap around me while he kisses my head. "I love you." "I love you too." Aaron says and I drift into sleep.

12:00 am

Hotch's POV: I wake up to my phone ringing and slowly move as to not wake Spencer. I fail in that and he sits up. "Sorry love." I grab my phone and answer the call from JJ.

"Hotch we have a case that requires immediate attention."

"Where?"

"LA."

"Where do you need me to meet you all at?"

"The conference room."

"Alright I'm on my way."

"Sorry to wake you up at this time."

"It's alright JJ."

"See you when you get here sir."

"Ya."

I put my phone up down and get out of bed. "New case?" Spencer asks as I put my white button up on and pull up my pants. "Yes. It's in LA." He gets out of bed and grabs my guns out of the mini safe. "Stay safe please." He asks and I pull my guns out of his hands and hug him. "I will. Let me know if something happens here and I'll come back immediately." I let him go and finish getting dressed before kissing him. I walk out to grab my bag and swap out the clothes in there before walking to the nursery and kissing Jack on his head and fixing his blanket before leaving.

Reid's POV: My phone rings and I check it to see a call from Jason.

"Hello."

"Hello Spencer. How quickly do you think you can be ready?"

"2 minutes. Why?"

"The new case is going to require your expertise."

"Okay but why do I need to get ready?"

"I'm on my way to get you. Dave is up and is waiting for Jack."

"Alright. Alright."

"See you in 3 minutes Spencer."

The call ends and I get ready. I grab my gun and badge from the drawer on my side of the bed. I have a minute to get everything Jack needs. I gently pick him up out of his crib and put him in his carrier. There is a knock at the door and I grab what I need before pick up Jack and his bag. I get to the door and see Jason standing outside and I walk outside. He helps me get everything in the car and I lock the door. I send a quick text to Dave to tell him that we're on our way before resting my head against the window for the rest of the ride.

At Dave and Jason's house

I get out of the car and grab Jack and his bag before walking up to the door. Dave is standing there and takes Jack's bag from me and leads me inside. I set Jack down and kiss the top of his head and adjust his blanket. He grips one of my fingers and I smile at him before pulling my hand away and replacing my hand with a toy. "Thank you for watching him." "It's not a problem kid." Dave says and I give him a quick hug before walking back out to the car. When I get back in Jason drives to the FBI headquarters.

Hotch's POV: "Hotch is there any word from Gideon?" JJ asks and I shake my head. "Go ahead and start the debriefing. He can be caught up on the jet." She nods and begins her explanation of the case. "So far there have been 12 murders in the north side of LA. When the buildings whey were found in were burned to make room for new buildings." During her explanation the door to the conference room had opened and Jason walked in. "How the hell are we supposed to find this guy? He's all over the place." Morgan says. "Actually they're not. The unsubs appears to know what buildings are going to be burned soon and where they can hide the bodies. That way the real reason the victims died is harder to figure out. Because if you look at the geographical location of each sight where they were found, I say we're looking at 10 mile radius." A voice from the door way says and I see a slight smile on Jason's face as he looks at me and tips his head for me to turn around. "Boy Wonder!" Penelope says and gets and rushes to him to give him a hug. "Hey sunshine." I barely hear him say and everyone else looks at Spencer confused. "Everyone this is Dr. Reid. He's about to make solving this case a whole lot easier." Jason says and I can't hide the smile on my face for him actually being here to help.