Stubborn

Hotch's POV: "Hon you should be at home. You and Jack both should." Jack and Spencer are sitting in my office on the floor playing while I work. Morgan and Emily found it odd that Jack was with him but a simple explanation of him babysitting for cleared it up. "Ya but you don't get to see Jack enough." Spencer says and I sigh. He's not wrong with that statement but I can't help that I have work. Jack crawls over to me and makes grabby hands towards me. I lean down and pick him up. "So who was this McGee that called you on our way back home?" Spencer laughs as he stands up and sits in one of the chairs on the other side of my desk. "A friend I made in the past while working with Jason. Why do you ask? Are you jealous?" He asks and I look at him. "Something made you want to punch a guy named Tony. Clearly what McGee had said to you wasn't something you liked. Plus why would I be jealous?" He shrugs and Emily walks in. "We're all going out to lunch if you want to join us." She says and we stand up and grab our things. Jack reaches for Spencer and I hand him over as I grab my keys. We walk out and join everyone in the elevator. Jack looks confused at all the people but when his eyes land on Jason he holds a hand out to him. Jason let's Jack play with his fingers and I see even more confusion in Emily and Morgan's faces.

During lunch

Reid's POV: Jack keeps staring at everyone while eating some of Aaron and I's leftover french fries. "Slow down Jack, or your going to choke on your food." He look at me confused but puts the fries down. He reaches for me and I pick him up, out of the high chair and place him on my lap. Aaron taps Jack on the nose and holds a bottle of juice to him. "You know, you could just hold your son while giving him a bottle." "Yes well he didn't ask me to pick him, now did he?" Aaron says and I take the bottle from him. "Jack I only have one request. Don't end up acting like your father when you get older. Hell I'll even pay for your way into college, just don't act like him." "Spencer Reid, you wound me." He says and everyone laughs. "So Spencer are you going to be joining us every day at the office or are you just there when we need you the most?" JJ asks and I look at Jack. "Jack needs a babysitter and I've been doing that. I'll join you all full time when he's older but until then I only work with you all on cases when you need me to." We all finish lunch and they head back to the office. Aaron takes Jack and I home and puts Jack to bed. "Don't you have to get back to work?" He walks out of the nursery and holds me close. "I'll go back later. Right now I want to spend time with you." He says and we walk to the living room. We sit on the couch and he wraps his arms around my waist. "I love you." He says. "I love you too." My phone rings and I grab it from my pocket.

"Dr.Reid."

"Spencer."

"McGee?"

"I need you to just keep talking to me. Please."

"McGee what's going on?"

"I've lost contact with my team after Tony made us split up. Abby, Ducky, Tony, Kate, or Gibs. They won't answer me and I don't have much oxygen left here."

"Where are you?"

"Collapsing build with the hostage next to me and our murder unconscious next to me in the floor."

"Tony made you split up and you got stuck. Did anyone say something to use before it started to collapse?"

"Gibs yelled at me to get out after Tony said he couldn't find me."

"Okay what state are you in?"

"Washington. Somewhere I don't know."

"Fuck okay ummm. Shit I'll get Gibs's number from Jason and I'm on my way. Damn it kept talk to me so I know you're alive."

"You can't get here on time."

"The hell I can't. I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Spencer...."

"No."

I get up and Aaron's already on the phone with Jason. "Go I've got Jack. Jason said he would meet you at the jet." Aaron says and takes my phone as I get what I need.

Hotch's POV: "Is this agent McGee?"

"Yes who is this?"

"This is SSA Aaron Hotchner. Or simple terms I'm Spencer's husband. He's getting what he needs and he and Jason Gideon will be on their way to get you out of there."

"Thank you."

"There's no need to thank me. You are a good friend to my husband and you need help. Keep talking with him and I want to meet you one of these days."

"Okay I hope to meet you as well Aaron."

I hand the phone back to Spencer and kiss him goodbye. He gets his keys and rushes out of the house. I call Strauss and tell her I won't be in the rest of the day. I have enough vacation days that I don't have to worry about overtime. I decide to turn on the TV for a while.

Twenty minutes later

I wake up to hear Jack crying. I get up and walk into the nursery and find him standing there waiting for me. I pick him up and carry him out to the living room. He plays with his toys for a while before leaning into me and falling back asleep.

The next day

Spencer walks inside and picks Jack up from the floor. "The recovery process is going to take longer you know." He rolls his eyes and kisses my cheek. "Big deal it's not like I'm working every day." He says and Jack laughs. "And you said that I'm a bad influence." We all sit down on the couch and watch a movie until Jack falls asleep. Spencer takes Jack to the nursery and comes back out soon after. "Are you ready for bed love?" He yawns and I stand up. We walk to our room and lay down. "I'm so tired. McGee is okay and so is the hostage." Spencer mumbles and falls asleep. I kiss the top of his head and hold him close.