8

His lips were soft and gentle, and his lip ring was cool and smooth. His hand was cradling my cheek, and I put my fingers around his wrist. 

At first, I didn't know what to think. This was ridiculous, nothing could come out of it. He's too much older than I am, he'll get bored with me in a week. I'm just some broke college girl who lent him a shirt and a room- he doesn't want anything from me, he's probably just looking for something to do.

Then I realized that all these things sounded so bad inside my head, but I didn't actually care. I didn't care at all. He was funny and sweet, and he was such a gentleman with me. I would see where this went. 

He broke the kiss, and looked into my eyes, searching for a reaction. I decided to scare him a little, and kept my face blank. He looked down and slowly drew back his hand, but I caught it and threaded my fingers through his. I sat up and kissed him from above, and felt his hand settle lightly on my waist. This time, when I broke the kiss, I looked down at him and smiled. He smiled back, and reached up to tuck a loose strand of hair behind my ear. I reached for my backpack, and pulled out his sweatshirt. 

'I believe this is yours? Thank you for it, it kept me warm all night.' He sat up and started to roll it into a pillow, and said that he wished he could have kept me warm instead of his sweatshirt. He looked down and blushed, and I leaned over and kissed his cheek. He kissed me again, this time with more force and his hand found the back of my neck and I felt his fingers gently caress me, sending electric currents through my body. His mouth opened slightly to mine, and I marveled at how soft he was. He was so gentle that I could barely feel his tongue, but just enough to make me want more than he was giving. I ran the top of my tongue piercing along the front of his teeth, and he exhaled sharply in response. I broke the kiss and he pulled me down to lie next to him, resting our heads on the makeshift pillow. 

'You definitely planned this out Mr. Fuentes. Didn't you tell me you had a rule about fans?' He laughed and his hand found mine. 

'I did not! Well not all of it. I planned on taking you up here, but I hadn't planned on kissing you, it just sort of happened.' He cleared his throat and I saw some color rise to his cheeks. 'Are you, uh, glad?, that it happened?' What a sweetheart. Rockstar and all, and still worried if a girl likes him back. I squeezed his hand tightly, and that was answer enough for him. 

And there we lay, for hours upon end; listening to the bands that were playing, spying on the crew and the crowd, throwing bits of paper from my bag down, talking about anything and everything that came to mind. When the last band was about to come on, Mike decided that we should go back down. His fans would be wondering where he was, and the band would be mad if he didn't show up for any signings at all. Also, the wind was picking up, and the platform was starting to feel a bit unstable, so we climbed down as fast as we could. 

When we got to the booths, Mike was greeted with cheers from many of the lines, and I received quite a few looks from some 15 year olds. I remembered being in their shoes- it sucked. But oh well, I'm sure they'll find their rockstars someday. 

'Mike! Where the fuck were you, bro? Tony and Vic went off to some interview like 20 minutes ago. My hands going to fall off, come help me sign these.' Jaime's eyes flicked over to me and he grinned. 'Is this the lovely young lady who rescued Mikey when he wasn't feeling so good?' I nodded and smiled at him. He raise an eyebrow and said that he hadn't been told I was so pretty, he would have fixed his hair that morning if he had known. 

'Well thank you. I think your hair looks lovely today, you must refer me to your stylist! My name is Alexis, by the way.' He bowed and put on a fake British accent. 

'Tis an honor to meet you, my dear Alexis. I am Jaime.' A scream came from behind me, an suddenly the whole crowd took up the cry. The platform that Mike and I had been on had started to break. The wind was getting stronger and some of the metal rods had started to come loose. Before I knew what was happening, Mike pulled me under the tent and told me to stay with the merch girl, who motioned for me to help her pack up the remaining band merchandise. I bent over to help her, and when I stood up, I saw Mike and Jaime running full tilt toward the main stage, pointing people toward the entrance as they went. The security guards opened the gates as widens they could go, and as the fans flooded out the gates, band members, guards and crew members tried to take down the stages as fast as they could. A panicky feeling rose from my stomach to my chest, but I swallowed my fear and turned to help the girl throw the tee shirts and accessories into one box and stack the CD's in another. 

'Can you pass me the tape, please?' I tossed the roll of tape to her, and we finished closing up the boxes. She bent down to pick up the CD box and started to stagger, so I took it from her arms. 

'You take the shirts, I got this one. Where do we put them?' She smiled at me gratefully, and picked up the other box. 

'Over there, in the back of the bus.' She hurried across to the tour bus and put the box down so she could open the back door. We put the boxes in and as we were trying to shut the doors a bunch of branches whipped by us, one of them grazed my back and left a stinging line. But I had other things to worry about.