2

He smiled.

I could feel the fangirl urges rising up in my gut, but i hurriedly suppressed them. His brown eyes flicked down to my shirt, and his face lit up when he saw it said 'Pierce the Veil' on it.

'Nice shirt,' he said, with just a hint of a smirk on his lips. I laughed.

'Only because you're on it.' His eyes widened as he laughed.

'That was so not a good look. I look like a translucent pyscho, honestly. Although that much hasnt changed.' I disagreed. I thought he looked quite handsome, sweaty hair and all.

'It was nice meting you, Mike. You guys kicked ass tonight,' I said. I could have spoken to him for hours, but he had just performed and probably wanted to get some rest. The last thing he wanted to do was talk to some fan who he would probably never see again. I turned to walk up to the counter, where the boy was looking at me with caution. I swear, you get a few tattoos and it's like you have antlers or something.

'Hey, my name is Alexis McLeod, I'm staying in room 20. I think I left my room key inside my room, would you mind letting me in?' I asked it very politely, but he still felt the need to ask me for my drivers license to confirm my identity. Like anyone would want to be me. And he had seen me everyday for a week and a half, you would have thought he would recognize me by now.

He finally looked up. 'One moment Miss, I'll get the key. Let me just tell him that we have no rooms available.' he tilted his head toward the sitting area, where Mike was sitting, reading a National Geographic.

'You guys really have no rooms?' I felt horrible, he gave his bunk to a friend and now he had no place to sleep. I'm not really sure why I did what I did next, in hindsight, it was something my mother would have had a heart attack about if she had known. But I couldn't just let him stay there.

'He can stay with me, the couch pulls out.' the boy's eys widened.

'I'm sorry Miss, that's against policy.' he looked awfully smug now that he had some power over me. He was really rubbing me the wrong way today. I squinted at his nametag. Bob. How blatantly unoriginal.

'I know it's not the usual, Bob, but he just played such a long concert and he has no place to go. ' I figured I would go for the friendly plan of attack, instead of being rude. ' Please? We'll be no bother.'

Bob shrugged. I assummed he was trying to communicate that he couldn't care less if I let a tattooed stranger sleep in my hotel room. Whatever.

He led the way down the hallway. I called over to Mike.

'Come on, this way. You're sleeping on my couch for tonight.' That brought his eyebrows up.

'Are you sure? That's really nice of you but I'm sure there's another place with a room, I don't want to impose or anything.' he sounded so concerned, it was very endearing.

I told him not to worry about it, and he couldn't stop thanking me for it. It made me a little hit sad; he must not have had people be very nice to him before. He walked down the halll behind me, toward Bob, who was holding the door open, and looking most irritated. I figured I wasn't walking fast enough for him, so I suddenly bent down to tie my shoe. Poor guy- I can be a real passive-aggressive b*tch when I so desire.

Mike walked into the room, and I thanked Bob, who didn't respond and slammed the door behind me.

Mike laughed. 'Man, what got shoved up his ass?'