𝟶𝟼. 𝙶𝚘𝚗𝚎

Madison was still torn about the baby. She didn't know what she wanted to do. Part of her wanted to keep it. Keep her little girl. But she knew Severus. And she knew he wouldn't want to.

Madison woke that morning and sighed. Her hand went to her stomach and smiled. She felt a slight flutter from within. Her baby.

After lying in bed for a few moments, she climbed out and got dressed. She knew at some point she would have to deal with Severus and she didn't want that. But she knew it would happen.

****

Madison walked into the staffroom and sighed. Severus was there. As was Remus. She made her way over and sat with Minerva. Both men looked to her. Both men wanting to talk to her.

Dumbledore walked in. He sighed. "Sirius Black has been spotted in Hogsmeade. Extra precautions have been taken to ensure he will not get into this school. The pupils are safe," he said.

Madison scoffed. "They said that about James and Lily. And look what happened there," she mumbled as she stood up and walked off.

Albus watched as the youngest of them walked off. He knew this would have been hardest for her to hear. Especially since she and James were close. He felt bad for her.

****

Madison sat in her classroom and sighed. She rolled her eyes as Severus walked in. "Look, can you not just leave me alone? I don't need this from you. So please. Leave me the hell alone."

"You're being ridiculous."

Madison turned to look at him. "Me? I'm being ridiculous. What could we possibly have to talk about?" She asked.

"The child."

"That's nothing to do with you."

Severus rolled his eyes. "It's my child. Therefore it is something to do with me," he told her.

Madison ignored him. She turned away from him and sighed. "Don't pretend to care Severus. You're only acting like you do because of Remus."

****

Remus smiled as Madison walked into his classroom. He looked to her. "Are you okay? I know this can't be easy for you," he said as he sat on the desk next to her.

Madison shrugged. "I don't know. I'm finding it hard to understand why Severus has suddenly decided that he cares. I just... I don't know. Everything seems so messy right now."

Remus took her hand and smiled. "Maybe he wants to be a father. We both know he hasn't had the best life," he told her.

"I don't know. What I do know is that everything seems so hard right now. And I just don't know to feel about all of this. There's a baby in me right now. And I don't even know if I want there."

"Her."

"What?"

Remus smiled. "You're calling your baby 'it'. You're having a girl are you not?" He said as he placed a hand on her stomach. "That tiny girl inside of you is yours. And yes, she is Severus' too. But you can love her and be the mum I know you can be."

Madison looked to him and smiled. "Thanks. It means a lot that you're there for me," she said as she placed a hand on his cheek.

Remus looked to her. He knew he wanted to kiss her again. But he couldn't. He was too dangerous for her. And he didn't want to hurt her.

****

It was a few days later when Madison was walking through the school. Severus hadn't left her alone. But she had come to accept that he wouldn't. She was having his baby.

Madison sighed as she walked into her classroom. She looked to see Severus. "You need to keep an eye on who could be following you."

"Yes. You."

Madison looked to him and rolled her eyes. "You're being childish Severus."

"No. You're the one who is being childish. You're pregnant with my baby. And we need to talk to about it," Severus told her.

"What are you father of the year all of a sudden? You hate kids. I see how you treat my nephew. Just leave me alone," Madison spat.

She went to walk off as he grabbed her. She fought against him as they struggled. He pushed her away from him causing her to fall.

She winced in pain as she fell into a table on her stomach. She felt the pain hit her as he looked up at her. "You monster," she sobbed.

She managed to stand up and walk out of the room. She could feel the tears in her eyes as the pain hit her. She knew what was happening.

****

Madison stood against the wall and looked to see Remus as he stood talking to a young girl. He noticed her and walked over.

"Madison?" He called as she looked to him with tears in her eyes. "What happened?" He asked.

"Severus pushed me...I think I'm loosing the baby," she sobbed as she looked to him. She fell to the floor crying.

Remus looked to her and frowned. He felt his heart break her

"It's okay. I've got you" he said as he held her close. He knew that nothing he did could stop that.

He knew he couldn't stop the pain that she was going through. He wished that he could. But he couldn't.

Madison sobbed on his shoulder as she held her close. Madison looked to see the young girl watching him.

"Ivy, I'll see you later," Remus said as the young girl nodded.

"Yes dad," Ivy said as she walked off, knowing something serious must have been happening.

Madison felt the room spin as she looked to Remus before everything went black and she fell.

Remus caught her picked her up in his arms as he carried her to the hospital wing. "I've got you," he said.

Remus knew that she was going to be going through hell but could he be there when she needed him the most?