02. 𝚁𝚎𝚖𝚞𝚜 𝙻𝚞𝚙𝚒𝚗

Madison groaned. It was the first day of term and she knew the dementors would be arriving soon enough. Madison hated the thought of them being at the school. But she knew that wanted Sirius Black caught. And it was for the students protection.

Madison left her chambers and saw Severus. She walked over to him. "You look as happy as Albus does in a store full of lemon drops," she said.

"The dunderheads are back today aren't they? Therefore my tolerance levels will no longer be accessible," Severus said.

Madison smirked. "Oh come on Severus. Lighten up. You love them deep down."

"Your incessant cheerfulness is beyond me," Severus said as he walked off.

Madison rolled her eyes and followed him. "Well. You're just a joyful little specimen to be around today," she told him.

"Madison. Do be quiet. I have a headache and you are not helping."

****

Madison was setting up her classroom ready. She looked up as Albus walked in. She smiled. "Can I help you headmaster?" She asked.

"I wanted you to be aware. I don't think Harry should know Sirius is his godfather. It will only anger him," Albus said.

Madison nodded. She looked at him. "But what if he finds out? I mean... plenty of people know about this. What if someone lets it slip?"

"You're meaning Severus?"

Madison shook her head. "No. I just... I don't know. What if Harry does his habit of winding up Severus. And he lets it slip?  I know Harry has a temper. And I don't want him to do anything he will regret," she told him.

"We can make sure that Severus won't tell him."

****

All too soon, it was time for the train to arrive. Madison made her way to the great hall. She sighed as she walked over to Severus. "Albus says that someone we both know is joining as the new Defence Against the Dark Arts."

"Yes. You should be happy."

Madison frowned. She looked at him. "What is your problem? You've been a jerk with me all today. And I don't know what I've done. So do you want to tell me?" She asked.

Severus rolled his eyes. He walked off. Madison knew that something was going on with Severus. But she wasn't going to let him take his bad mood out on her.

****

Madison sat down at the head table. She had heard from Albus how a dementor had attacked Harry. And she was fuming. Even more fuming that Severus was ignoring her.

Madison looked up as as she saw a familiar face. She grinned. "Remus?!"

"Hello Madi."

Madison smiled as she stood up to hug him. She looked at him. "I've missed you. It's been too long."

"Seven years I believe," Remus said as he sat down in between Severus and Madison. He looked at her. "You look good."

Madison smiled. Remus saw the sparkle in her eyes. But both of them missed Severus' jealousy.

****

When the feast was over, Madison smiled. "I'm just going to see Harry. I heard he had an incident with the Dursleys. But maybe we could catch up?"

"I'd like that."

Madison smiled and walked over to Harry. She glared. "Harry James Potter. Were you born an idiot?!" She said.

"Aunt Madison... she was winding me up about my dad. Saying he was a drunk. I lost control," Harry said.

Madison rolled her eyes. "You can't just go about blowing people to the size of a large bloody balloon! You're lucky to not be expelled for this!"

Harry nodded. He saw how Ron had gone pale with Madison shouting. Madison scoffed. "You're bloody lucky that I'm working here or you would be receiving a bloody howler!"

Ron went even more pale. Madison rolled her eyes. "Do not get giving Professor Snape any grief. He will behave. And so will you. And if you even think about messing up again, I will send a howler just to show you I can embarrass you," she said as she walked off.

"Sorry aunt Madison."

"Good. Now get to bed."

Madison smirked as she heard Ron. "She's scary. But she's cool."

****

Madison had just returned to her chambers when she saw Severus. "Oh. Now you want to talk?" She asked.

"Do not get too close to Lupin. It's for your own safety."

Madison rolled her eyes. "I am a big girl Severus. You do not own me. And you've been ignoring me all day. So don't expect me to listen to you," she said.

"This isn't about me ignoring you."

"No. It clearly is. Remus knew my brother! So I think you just need to let me spend time with him! Okay?!" She said.

Severus watched as she walked into her chambers. He knew he couldn't tell anyone about Remus and his condition. But he wanted to keep Madison safe.

****

Madison opened the portrait and smiled as she saw Remus. She jumped into his arms and hugged him. "It's good to see you again Madi."

"You too."

Remus looked at Madison. And he realised she was no longer his best friend's younger sister. She was a grown woman. She had changed. And he couldn't help but be attracted to her.

Remus knew he couldn't get too close to Madison. Especially with his condition. But he couldn't help himself from wanting to touch her.

Neither Remus or Madison had any idea how this year was going to change everything for them.