Chapter 19

Salvatore Boarding School for the Young & Gifted
Scott and Wade's Bedroom

"Is she trying to recruit you into their circle?" Lizzie questioned after Lydia left.

"You think so?" Wade inquired hopefully.

"'Stick with us and we'll show everyone what they've been missing' sure spells it out," Lizzie replied wondering why Lydia and Scott would want Wade in their circle until his wing caressed her arm and she remembered that Lydia said Wade was a fairy and he lightened the mood once he was comfortable with them. "Of course."

She wondered if Wade could help her with her mood swings if he was comfortable in her presence.

Wade, on the other hand, took Lizzie's 'Of course' as her saying that of course Lydia and Scott wanted him to be their friend and he couldn't be happier.

He...

"Hey, Wade," Lizzie began walking further into the room, gaining his attention.

But just as she was about to speak, her eyes landed on Scott's unpacked luggage and bed and the papers on it.

Just as she was about to check the papers, Wade stood in front of her with his wings disappearing.

"That's Scott's bed and he wouldn't like it if you went through his things," He said.

"How would he know if we don't tell him?"

"Werewolves have enhanced senses, you know," Wade pointed out.

"Scott is a werewolf?" Lizzie asked surprised having thought that he was a witch since he was roomed up with Wade.

Wade remembered that the other students didn't know yet, he only knew because he was informed as a result of Scott being his new roommate.

He guessed they were bound to know before the day ended but he was going to be more careful with what he said from now on.

"Yes, he's a werewolf," Wade replied "I'm sure the Pack already knows that he's a werewolf."

"Is she crazy?" Lizzie couldn't believe that Lydia went out to look for Scott when every werewolf on campus was running around in their wolf forms, that is until she remembered that the bedroom sections didn't have intercoms. "OMG! We need to stop Lydia."

She added already heading for the door.

"Why?" Wade asked confused.

"The werewolves are running loose in their wolf forms," She responded stopping at the door. "What are you waiting for?"

"It's daytime and there isn't a full moon," Wade pointed out.

"Wendy said that the weird howl we heard a few minutes ago caused all the werewolves to shape-shift without the full moon and they ran towards the southwest woods," Lizzie responded impatiently. "The longer we wait the closer your new best friend gets to the woods so get your act together and move it!"

That said, Lizzie led the way out and Wade followed.

"Where are we going?" Wade asked noticing that Lizzie took a wrong turn.

"We're going to Lydia's bedroom to get something we can use to locate her and then I'm going to use Josie's summoning spell to summon Lydia back here, and when Scott hears that I..." Lizzie paused for a moment before continuing. "When Scott hears that you helped save his sister, he's going to be glad that you're his roommate."

"How am I going to help?"

"You're the key to Lydia's things," Lizzie explained. "Without you, Cleo wouldn't let me save Lydia."
TRANSITION
Cleo and Lydia's Bedroom
Cleo's POV

"What are you looking for?" I asked Lydia who was looking for something in her unpacked belongings but seemed to have forgotten where it was since I found her in the room.

"Mountain ash," She replied absentmindedly.

"You use rowan wood ashes," I followed up surprised. "People around here don't use it. You're actually the first American to mention it."

That seemed to gain me Lydia's attention.

"Do you have some?" She inquired.

"Sure," I responded going to where I stored it. "What do you need it for?"

"Just a precaution," She said.

"Against what? Who?"

Lydia seemed to contemplate for a moment as I took out the rowan wood ashes.

"I'm going to look for Scott, he isn't answering my calls," She answered after a moment.

"You do realise that he isn't the only one roaming the woods, don't you?"

"What do you mean?" Lydia asked a little concerned.

"Scott's Alpha roar caused the resident pack and Hope to transform and then they went to look for him."

Lydia went from a little concerned to full-on concerned.

"I have to find him," She said. "Could you please borrow me your mountain ash?"

"We're not allowed to leave the building."

"Scott is out there with an entire pack looking for him and he's not going to face it alone," Lydia stated. "You might not be allowed to leave the building but I'm going to. I just need you to give me the mountain ash and I won't tell anyone you helped me."

That, and the look in Lydia's eyes, told me she was going out there no matter what and I knew that I was going to get in trouble but...

"I'll go with you," I offered with a sigh surprising Lydia. "But the southwest woods are the largest so we're going to use a locator spell to get his location. Do you have something that belongs to him?"

Although I could have asked for her blood, the way that they reacted to Mr Saltzman's question about if they were related suggested that they weren't related by blood, perhaps they were step-siblings.

"His t-shirts," Lydia replied going to her luggage and retrieving three t-shirts. "I haven't worn this one yet (she said selecting one)."

"You wear Scott's clothes?" I asked taking the t-shirt.

"His t-shirts are comfortable so I asked him to borrow me some of them on our way here."

"OK."

I took out my map of Salvatore Boarding School, laid it down as I sat down, with Lydia joining me, but just as I was about to cast the locator spell, a knock on our bedroom door interrupted me.

"Go on, I'll check who it is," Lydia said heading for the door and opening it just a few inches. "Wade and um... Lizzie? I mean Elizabeth."

"You're here," Lizzie said surprised like she didn't expect Lydia to open the door.

"What are you doing here," Lydia asked.

"Saving your life."

"All werewolves are in the woods," Wade added.

"I know, Cleo told me," Lydia replied.

"So, you're not going to look for Scott anymore?" Lizzie inquired.

"Yes," Lydia answered with a one-word answer like it was obvious.

"OK. Um, do you mind if we wait for Scott with you? I went to Wade's room to check on him and to give you pointers for the game."

"Mr Williams, Wade and Cleo already gave us pointers," Lydia began like she was about to decline Lizzie's help but paused for a second. "But if you want to help us, how about you give Mr Williams our game plan and list of players? Scott was going to do it but..."

"I can do that," Lizzie responded.

I rolled my eyes at how easy Lizzie fell for Lydia's trick.

"Thanks," Lydia replied and then added. "Wade, please give her the list and game plan. They're on Scott's bed."

And just like that, we were alone again and I was casting the locator spell.

Although things went Lydia's way, I had my way as well, I wasn't going to leave her to face the wolves on her own.