Chapter 8

Salvatore Boarding School for the Young & Gifted
Cafeteria
Scott's POV

Try as I have, I couldn't speed up my healing process fast enough for my wound to heal completely in the last few days and now I had a flag football game to play and cocaptain with players I knew nothing about except Lydia.

Well, Cleo and Wade were getting Lydia and me up to speed on everything we needed and wanted to know and thankfully Cleo offered to show us her memories of the flag football games she has played and witnessed, but come on!

"Are you ready?" Cleo asked.

"How, exactly, does this memory sharing spell of yours work?" Lydia inquire.

"We link hands to form a closed chain so that we'll experience the same memories, close our eyes and I nonverbally cast the spell to share my selected memories," Cleo explained.

"And none of ours, right?" I asked for clarification.

"None of yours, just mine," Cleo assured.

"Wait, you said that we'll experience the memories, experience being the keyword," Lydia noted. "Not see but experience."

"How do you expect to learn anything worth something if you only see but don't experience playing the game?" Cleo replied with a question. "At least if you experience the memories your subconscious will retain some degree of muscle memory and make it easier for you to play and catch up.

And since I'll also show you the games that I watched, you'll get the 'audience experience' and might notice some things that will help you captain better."

That made sense and I didn't sense any lie. Cleo was smart.

"Not bad," Lydia responded impressed.

"I need you to act as a conduit, Wade," Cleo told Wade.

"How?" He asked eagerly.

"I'll link them on one side, I need you to link them on the other so that I use less magic."

That required for us to each sit on the side of our roommates so that we were a witch, non-witch, witch, non-witch chain before Cleo went to work after we linked hands under the table.
TRANSITION
Cafeteria
Penelope's POV

"Did you get them?" I asked Alyssa and Jed as they joined my table after I sent my clique away.

"What do you think?" Alyssa replied clearly not happy with me blackmailing them.

"I think you can't get enough of Jed's dog bone and you got what I asked for so you can continue getting some," I responded and Jed shushed me while Alyssa just smiled and leaned forward.

"I think you want some dog bone for yourself which is why you want wolf boy over there," She said using her head to motion towards Scott who had his eyes closed along with his table-mates.

"What?" I asked surprised. "He's a werewolf?"

"You didn't know?" Alyssa answered like it was public knowledge. "I guess you're so desperate to have something other than Josie's tongue inside you that you subconsciously knew where to get it."

Oh, if I didn't see the opportunity Scott's table gave me I would have put Alyssa in her place.

"Just give me the damn files," I said.

Jed produced a thick envelope from his backpack and gave it to me.

I opened it and checked if it contained what I wanted and then spelt away Alyssa and Jed's scents on the envelope before rubbing it on my clothes to get my scent on it.

"You're one cunning witch," Jed commented.

"I'm also great in bed," I replied sensually biting my bottom lip and successfully had Jed's eyes on my lips.

Alyssa didn't like that.

"So great that..." She began.

"Silencio," I shut her up with a spell. "You look prettier when you're quiet."

Unable to speak, Alyssa retaliated by wordlessly conjuring fire in the palm of her hand and holding it as a threat staring me in the eye.

"She looks deadly when she's quiet," Jed said the obvious.

"I don't know," I replied, though, giving Alyssa her ability to speak back and winked at her while she put out the fire. "She looks hot to me."

"Get a room," Finch said joining us.

"Only if we get it with you," I responded before telekinetically transporting the envelope to Scott's table.

Just as I was about to put it down in front of Scott, his eyes suddenly snapped open and settled on the envelope.

My hold on said envelope broke due to the suddenness and the glowing red eyes that Scott's eyelids exposed, leaving it to land on the table with a thud which in turn caused Cleo, Lydia and Wade's eyes to snap open and bring their table some attention.

That wasn't the only thing that happened, though, wings suddenly appeared from Wade's back with white light. Butterfly semi-translucent wings!

The whole cafeteria went silent at the sight of the wings while Scott's glowing red eyes changed colour to human brown.

I doubted a lot of people saw Scott's glowing red eyes and those that did were distracted by Wade's butterfly wings.

"No way," Lydia whispered in awe. "You're a fairy?"

"A what?" Wade asked confused. "Why is everyone staring at me?"

"The wings on your back might be the reason," Cleo answered as shocked as everyone.

"What wing...?" Wade began looking behind him and paused at their sight.

They flexed a little right before Wade passed out and then they disappeared in white light.

Scott caught him before he hit his head on the table.

"Why is everyone so surprised?" Lydia inquired like we should have known fairies existed and Wade was one.

Wait, what?

"I think we're the weird ones for not being as surprised as they are," Scott replied looking around after letting Wade sleep on the table. "Even Wade seems and smells surprised. Shocked, actually."

Scott smelled Wade's shock?

"That's because we didn't know Wade could manifest cute wings," Cleo answered for us. "Wait, did you say he's a fairy?"

"Yes. Didn't you know?" Lydia responded and some of us shook our heads like Cleo. "What kind of a school for the supernatural is this if you don't even know about fairies and that you have one among you?"

"The kind that reads fairytales but doesn't live them," Lizzie defended. "How do you even know Wade is a fairy?"

"The shape, size and colouring of his wings, and the dust, obviously," Lydia answered rolling her eyes but it wasn't as obvious as she said to us. "Not to mention the moment he was comfortable with us his personality matched that of fairies and he lightened the mood."

Silence.

Scott stood up, lifted Wade onto his shoulder like he weighed nothing, looked at my present for a moment and then picked it up.

"Thanks, Cleo," He thanked Cleo.

"You're welcome," Cleo replied with a smile.

"I'll see you later," Lydia told Cleo before she left with Scott and Wade.

All eyes watched them leave and the moment they were out of sight Cleo had our attention.

Unfortunately, Cleo was saved by the bell informing us that our break was over.