Chapter 9

Salvatore Boarding School for the Young & Gifted
Alaric's Office

"Daddy, why didn't you tell us fairies exist?" Lizzie demanded an answer barging into Alaric's office with Josie.

"What?" Alaric asked.

"Lydia just took a dig at our school for not knowing that fairies exist and that Wade is a fairy," Josie explained.

It took some time for Alaric to process the information but once he did he remembered Emma's words.

"You might have built this school and have a library full of books about the supernatural and rooms full of magical weapons and have supernatural daughters but you're only human, Mr Saltzman. You probably know far less than you think you know and I'm not saying this to belittle your knowledge, you only know what you know."

"I only know what I know, girls," Alaric said with a heavy sigh, running a hand over his beard. "And I didn't know fairies exist and that Wade is one. What happened? How did Lydia conclude that Wade is a fairy?"
TRANSITION
Scott and Wade's Bedroom
Lydia's POV

"What's that?" I asked seeing Scott throw a thick envelope onto his bed before he went to place Wade on his own.

"I don't know," He replied placing Wade on his bed. "I sensed something in front of me during the memory spell, opened my eyes and found it levitating before it dropped."

"So, I can open it?"

"Go ahead."

I did just that and found documents inside including another folder.

I took out a couple and found that they were copies of profiles of flag football players while Scott took out the folder, opened it and found copies of documented flag football strategies of past matches.

"It seems someone wants the school to win," I said.

"Um, there's a note," Scott replied with the note in hand. "'A welcome gift from your fellow werewolf and Alpha of Salvatore Boarding School Pack. We look out for our own so if you want to win the game, we have your back. If you don't, we still have your back. Burn everything when you're done.'"

"It sounds like he's trying to recruit you."

"This note smells different compared to the envelope," Scott noted.

"So?"

"The note has a masculine werewolf scent, the envelope has a feminine scent and it kind of smells witchy, I think."

"Witchy?"

"I haven't found a solid base scent I can identify witches by but this scent shares something in common with Cleo's scent and the scents of the witches that came to our table before she came," Scott explained.

"Maybe it's..." I closed my eyes to try and remember the Alpha's name from Cleo's memories. "Maybe it's Jed's girlfriend's envelope."

"Who is-Oh. I don't think so. If that was the case I would have picked up traces of Jed's scent on it." Scott responded taking the envelope and smelling it. "There's only her scent other than yours and mine."

"What's that?" I asked pointing after I saw something on the bottom of the envelope.

Scott turned the envelope around and found a sticky note and read it aloud.

"'Hi, Ambiguously Related Duo. I hear that you, Lydia, have quite the intellect and you, Scott, are an experienced and capable leader. I sent you the package for you to make use of if you want to win the game but on your own terms.