Crashing Waves: 10%

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

Side Note: Sorry for the longish break. I just kinda .. forgot about this book. But I'm hoping to keep this going and update much more often than before. Not making any promises since I know myself just that well but I'll give it a go at least. 

*********************************

It had been a whole six months since Pidge and her crew left Black Lion ship behind them. Since she turned her back on Shiro and walked away .. her past buried and her old feelings left at the bottom of the ocean. 

She and her friends were doing rather well trapped on the island. They gained work at one of the few pubs in the port town and was given a room upstairs. It held three single beds, being a long room and it was a nice open space for them to live in. Their window sadly held the view of the small pig hut out back of the building, the owner of the pub seemed to grow his own pigs and sell them for a decent prize to the butcher. He had a few chickens as well for the free eggs. 

But while it wasn't much, it made do as their home for now. Lance and Hunk had pushed their straw beds together but didn't sleep cuddled up, the bed wooden beams were hard and dug in on any bones or ribs laying across them. It left bruises time one woke up and well, the two lovers made due of just holding hands when they fell asleep. She left her own bed as she found it when they were first shown the room and they all took turns washing and keeping guard when someone was using the hot water to wash themselves. 

The tips from their work and the left over coins from their weekly wages were slowly building up towards them buying a new ship. It wasn't going to be anything fancy and they all agreed to get any second hand ship able to survive on the ocean long enough for them to track down gold during an adventure and buy a real ship to live on. Lance, already being voted to stay as their captain for the new ship but this time .. Hunk would chose the ship name for them. And for Pidge, she'd give the name for their third ship, she offered to name the second hand ship that was just going to be used during their adventure for gold but Hunk preferred naming a ship they'd be rid of sooner than one they'd hopefully keep for good. 

And for the past week .. she had gotten herself sick with a bad cold. She's been mostly sleeping all day and night. Her nose sore and red and she held horrible coughing fits. None of them called for a doctor, knowing better than to waste money and she knew she wasn't ill with anything overly bad for her health. 

Hunk would help feed us some porridge whenever she was awake enough to eat and Lance always kept a cup of water close by to her bed for her to use and drink whenever she was able to sit up. The two taking turns to use a wet rag to wash her face and fold it over her forehead to fight against the fever while she slept.  

But the two still had to work their shifts downstairs and she felt bad for making them have to both work and take care of her. 

So, as she struggled to sleep and rest anymore. She climbed out of bed and locked the door before giving herself a good old wash with the warm water and sponge. Throwing her sweat soaked nightwear on the floor before dressing in proper clothing and hiding her gender once more. 

Unlocking the door and heading down the stairs. She knew she wasn't at full health but she wasn't sneezing or coughing anymore making her at no real risk of passing her germs on. She didn't have a fever and she wasn't feeling dizzy either. She was still a little rough around the edges but she was mostly healthy again and happy to work her shift. She'd do the easy jobs for now but still help gain her wage for at least tonight.