Ch: 1 Pt: 2 The Mind Scape, and the Exam

"What was that?"  Y/N asked as he looked around the room, remembering what had happened to him.

Y/N looked towards a screen, and saw an X-Ray, that should what Y/N assumed was his skeleton, but had a faded look to it.  A few seconds later, his parents came in with a doctor, who looked at him with relief in their eyes.  His parents hugged him harder than they ever did before, to which the doctor quickly urged them not to, to Y/N's confusion.

"Y/N, we're so sorry we lost you."  Sky said, with tears in his eyes.

"I have failed as a top hero and as a mother for not taking care of you the way I should have."  Taiga said with a tear filled face and regretful tone.

"N-No, it's not your fault.  It's mine.  I wondered off when I shouldn't have.  My curiosity got the best of me."  Y/N said in a guilty tone over what his parents were feeling.

"I am very sorry to have to cut this reunion short, but I think that's it's important that I explain something to you."  The Doctor said, to which Y/N's parents nodded in agreement, wiping their tears.

"Y/N, do you feel weak at the moment?"  The Doctor asked.

"W-Well, as strange as it that I just woke up, I don't really feel weak at all.  I feel stronger actually."  Y/N said, to the doctors confusion.

"I see.  Y/N, I am not going to sugar coat this, but your bones are fading."  The Doctor said, as Y/N looked at him with a confused stare.

"What do you mean?"  Y/N asked.

"You see this X-Ray?"  The Doctor asked, pointing to the X-Ray that shows his skeleton.

"Yeah."  Y/N said.

"Do you see anything out of the ordinary?"  The Doctor asked, to which Y/N nodded.

"It looks a but . . . faded."  Y/N said, as the realization of the situation hit him.

"Exactly.  And that's not all.  Your organs and insides are also fading away.  I'm afraid to say that you will not have long left."  The Doctor said, as the three other's looked at him with a shocked look.

"What do you mean?!  We just got him back!"  Sky shouted.

"I'm sorry, but there's nothing that we can do.  I am very sorry."  The Doctor said in a sad, guilty tone.

"I see."  Y/N said, in a somewhat calm tone.

"You have taken this much better than I thought you would."  The Doctor said, to which his parents agreed, trying to hold back their tears.

"I thought that I was going to spend the rest of my life in that lab.  But I get to die in a nice comfortable bed with my parents by my side.  I couldn't ask for more."  Y/N said with a weak smile, as his nerves began to glow a yellow color, causing him to shake and exhale violently.

"Y/N!"  Taiga called, quickly entering panic mode.

"I-I'm ok.  It was just a spike, that's all."  Y/N said, to which the doctor nodded, understanding what he was feeling.

"Yes, that will happen every now and then.  I will give you some alone time."  The Doctor said, leaving the room.

And so, Y/N spent his last moments on earth with his family, talking, laughing, crying and having fun.  When the night fell, his parents stayed next to him, and fell asleep, as so did he.  He then let out one final glow, and then . . .

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee . . .

"I'm sorry, but he's gone."  The Doctor said to the grieving heroes.