Chapter 42 - You are pathetic

Sean was right that they would interfere. But only Samuel did.

A nice polished car that could act as a mirror stopped in front of their halfway-built restaurant. Dressed in a black suit, Samuel looked every inch like an important person as he got out of that car. He was wearing sunglasses to shade from the sunlight, but Ashley wished she was able to see his eyes. That way, she could guess his current mood.

Unfortunately, it so happened that she was standing right outside the construction site, trying to see the whole picture. Hence, she was the first person that 'greeted' Samuel Donovan.

"Where is Sean?" Samuel demanded from her rudely. He was acting similar to a loan shark demanding for late payment.

"Somewhere. Why are you finding him?" Ashley asked in return.

Knowing it was a waste of time to ask her, he ignored her and walked around the place to search for his son by himself.

"Hey! Get off our property! You are trespassing!" Ashley yelled as loud as she could at him, and at the same time used it to inform others.

With Ashley's reaction as their guide, few workers quickly blocked Samuel's way, glaring at him. "Please leave!"

"Get them out of my way," Samuel said angrily and two bulky bodyguards that had followed him here grabbed the workers and pushed them away.

"Leave or I'm calling the police!" Ashley yelled angrily.

"Go ahead!" Samuel yelled back at her. "You are a bad influence on my son! I will make your life miserable for corrupting him!"

"I will make your life miserable before you can do that to her!" Sean said grimly as he walked towards them.

People from the nearby shop were watching them from their window or gawking at them from the sidewalk. Sooner or later someone would pull out their phone and video the whole thing.

"You ungrateful son!" Samuel screamed in fury and he punched Sean across his face.

"Sean!" Ashley yelled in horror and ran towards him. Before she could reach him, the two bodyguards hold her back with a painful grip. "Hey, let me go! Just because you have big muscles, that doesn't mean you get to hurt me! I will sue you! You-"

One of them covered her mouth with his large hand. She struggled and tried to pull away but they were just bloody too strong.

"Domestic violence," Sean said softly, but everyone could hear it clearly. "That's your flaw, and why mom runs away from you no matter how much money you try to offer to her as an apology."

"Shut up! I would never hit my wife! That is a mistake!" Samuel tried to punch Sean again but stopped when Kyle grabbed his fist.

"Mr. Donovan, please calm down."

"Let go of my hand you dirty mongrel! Don't you think I don't know you had seduced my son to get him to appoint you as his secretary! You even helped that whore to met my son!" Samuel pointed at Ashley.

She would have given him an insulting remark if she could speak.

Kyle's face darkened with uncontrollable anger and she was surprised that he could still speak calmly. "Sir, I would advise you and your bodyguards to leave this premise immediately. We could let this incident go without involving authorities if you do."

"I will not leave until I wake up my foolish son!" Samuel manages to get back his hand from Kyle and points a finger at Sean. "You dare to divorce Jean! At least think about your son, you selfish brat!"