Chapter 24 - I take it because it's money

A/N: Sorry about the late update. Been unwell (>.<)

Chapter 24 - I take it because it's money

"Are you fucking out of your mind?" That was the most honest evaluation Ashley had about Sean. His current actually led her to believe he had gone out of his mind. "Are you so angry with me that you want to mess with my family?"

"I am angry," Sean admitted. "But not anymore when I think that I had hurt you so much you would do that."

In this room, only Ashley and Sean understood what his words mean. He believes she only took the money because he had hurt her until she sought for divorce.

Ashley took in a harsh breath. "Apologies, but that can't be done. I can't accept your condition, so we won't ask for your help. Please leave."

Mrs. Summer clearly wanted to protest, unsure whether it was for the funds or for her daughter's love event.

"If you would excuse both of us, please? I suppose we need to have a private discussion," Sean said for those in the room while his eyes remained on her.

Mr. Summer hustled everyone out, leaving Sean and Ashley alone in her office. Rina thoughtfully closed the door.

"There's nothing to discuss between us unless you change your condition," Ashley said.

But Sean did not meet the rolling ball and switched to another lane.

He looked around the office that was a much smaller size than his but giving off a more inviting feeling between the two. "You have your own office. Advin told me you are running the business, letting him fully concentrate on cooking."

Ashley wondered how much her father and Sean had talked. But knowing that they had kept in touch all these years, she should not be surprised. "Not really. I just handle the paperwork and bills."

"Impressive."

Just from a word of praise, she could feel her whole body grow warm and she did her best not to blush.

Four years ago she was just a replaceable clerk in a small company. It was only after the divorce when she started helping out with the family restaurant's accounts and paperwork, leaving her father and brother more time to work in the kitchen and improve their menu. Mrs. Summer was not a highly educated person and had always been in charge of the cashier and chatting with the customers to strengthen their favourability.

Last year, they finally hired Rina to be Ashley's assistant and she stayed till today. Without Rina, Ashley does not think she will have enough rest. She had never thought a small-sized restaurant would have this much paperwork to do, but that would mostly be contributed to the fact she does not have much knowledge and experience in running a restaurant and had to learn as she worked.

"I don't need your help," Ashley moved the idle talk back to the main topic. "Thank you, but we still have other options."

"There is still a chance that the bank will not approve of the loan."

"You are wishing for that really hard, aren't you?" Ashley said sarcastically.

"Just accept my help, Ashley. I can help you."

"Damn it, Sean. Why are you here again? Don't you understand we are already over from our last conversation?"

"I want to know what you have done with the two million," Sean said, totally aware how she had gone still at the mention of it. "I know you, Ashley and you would never take that money without a valid reason even if you want to retaliate against me."