Chapter 16 - Tasting program

Chapter 16 – Tasting program

Ashley sat on her couch, absently eating some chicken popcorn as she waited for the show to start. Although she believes that Kyle would do his best to add more oil onto the fire, Sean was only one person. There were likely to be other judges that would change the tide if Gio manages to impress them.

Her hand suddenly shook, the popcorn slipped from her grip as a thought suddenly occurred to her. Sean could not have possibly sent Gio straight to the hospital instead of publicly humiliating him, right?

She quickly shook her head, reassuring herself that Sean was more of a talking type and a man that prefers doing things with long-lasting effects.

When the music that the program used starts, Ashley sat up straighter, her heartbeat unconsciously beating faster. At this moment she has no idea which issue was her interest in this show.

Her attention was not on the show until the female host cheerfully introduced Sean Donovan. She frowned when the female host shot an interested look at Sean.

What an unprofessional host.

The camera took in the audience's reaction when Sean sat on his seat as a judge, where most of the female audience cheered rather excitedly.

Well, Ashley could not blame them, as Sean looked very handsome tonight. It must be a stylist's handiwork that his attractiveness increased a notch than usual.

But darn it. He aged too well.

Instead of gaining weight, he gained muscles. Even his wrinkles look good on him. At the age of twenty-nine, he looked young, further contrasting with the other two judges that were older than him.

Ashley subconsciously touched her face with her clean hand and silently scheduled a facial treatment on her next free day.

When the camera suddenly switched to introduce the chef, Ashley could not stop feeling disappointed as her heart hoped that the camera would return to Sean. Alone with no one watching her, she was rather unguarded towards her deep desires, knowing she does not need to be strong or denying the truth.

Gio took over the TV screen, smiling as he waved at the cheering crowd. Ashley clenched her fist angrily at the warm response he got. She mocked his calculative flirtatious smile and scheming appearance to gain so many viewer's hearts.

Not even the other chef contestant received such loud applause.

She grinned, instantly cheered up when the camera lens lingered on the dark faces of the male partners of the cheering female viewers. No one would be happy if their other half looked so excited as they cheered for a handsome man!

She nearly choked on her popcorn when the cameraman had a quirky idea to show two different footage of the audience's response on the same screen. From the short comparison clip, it could be seen that Sean was much more popular with the audiences and even gained more intense glare from the jealous male couples.

Was the program director purposely hint that Gio had lost to Sean based on looks and charm?

Ashley grinned when she thought about how Gio would react when he saw the replay clip later.

The female host was endlessly praising Sean and Gio, and seeing her ringless finger, Ashley could just guess her latest dream guy involved two certain handsome hunks.

Chewing her chicken popcorn viciously, she glared at Sean that flashed his charming smile towards the host, and the female audience nearly swooned just from that.

Were women these days that easily charmed by a handsome face? Sad to admit, she was one of them years ago.

The female host finally remembered the show and how she had basically ignored the other contestants. She recovered her professionalism, but when it came to Gio's turn, her professionalism once again slipped away.