30. Lash Out

James leads me to his demented torture chamber and just like last time, my heart starts to beat a little faster in my chest. If I wasn't regretting my choice to drink coffee earlier, I definitely am now.

I want to protest and beg him not to punish me. But I know it's a useless endeavor, so I keep my mouth shut. James doesn't seem like he's in the best mood right now, and I don't want to risk upsetting him anymore than I already have. Besides, I did break the rules, so I kind of deserve what's coming to me. That doesn't change the fact that I'm scared shitless.

James surveys the room carefully, as if trying to decide on how best to punish me.

"Master." The word slips out before I can stop it. I realize that I am shaking.

James turns, those intense and angry violet eyes settling on me. He holds my gaze for a moment before speaking.

"Yes, Erin?" He asks impatiently. The undertone in his voice suggests that how I answer will decide if he increases the severity of the punishment or not. He is definitely not in a good mood. His meeting must have been worse than he let on. Or he's just that angry with me.

I shake my head, swallowing hard. "Nothing," I say, so quietly that it's entirely possible that he didn't even hear me.

He stares me down for a moment longer before returning his gaze to the array of toys and torture devices in the room. All of them make my stomach twist into knots. What horrendous thing is he going to do to me today?

Finally, James turns back towards me, his eyes burning holes in my soul. "Come here," he demands, his voice low and dangerous.

I force myself to obey, stepping towards him slowly.

"What are you going to do?" I ask him softly, forcing myself to hold his gaze. I try to keep the fear out of my voice, but I know it's no use. Besides, what did he say the last time we were in here? That he liked a little fear?

James gives me that sinister smirk of his and it makes my heart race faster and it eases my fear and it sets my nerves on fire all at once.

"Well, slave," he starts, taking a predatory step towards me. I didn't even realize I had stopped walking towards him.

"I would tie you up, but you would enjoy that too much," he adds, taking another step towards me and I instinctively back away.

"Wouldn't you?" He asks me, his words edged with a darkness that makes my insides twist tighter.

I nod absently. There's no point in denying what he and I both already know.

"Yes, Master," I reply weakly. It takes me a great deal of effort to even speak right now. "I would."

He takes another step towards me. "Even though I would love to tie you up, I'll save that for later. Right now, I need to teach my naughty little slave a lesson," he adds, that edge of anger creeping back into his words.

"Wouldn't you agree?" He demands, continuing towards me, his hands clasped behind his back.

My back hits a table that I hadn't realized was in here until now and warmth rushes through my core as he closes the distance between us in one stride. I am trapped.

I nod absently. Even though I know I'm not going to enjoy this, a part of me does agree that I deserve to be punished for disobeying him and lying to him. I want the punishment. Damn my submissive side!

"Take off your jeans," James orders, and after a minute I obey, undoing the zipper and sliding the tight fabric off my body. I step out of them, kicking them to the side before meeting his gaze again.