Chapter 8: Affection

The spy crew has arrived in Bind, and the Moroccan guy has gone out to meet his 'informants' and install up monitoring equipment in the area.

Reyna and Viper are on their way to one of the secret Valorant own house in the neighbourhood to set up the operating base. Viper instructed Reyna to go to the Shopping Complex and acquire provisions for their stay while she established contact with HQ.

"This is Viper from Rabat, do anyone copy??"
"Yes, good work," a lady voice answered from the HQ, "the link is safe, and we can access Cypher Cameras as well." (A.N.:- Rabat is in Morocco, where Bind map is situated.)

This voice is too familiar to Viper; after all, she's the one who's been on her mind lately. Yup it was Sage, the acting commander at HQ,the one who answered.

"So, did you get noticed? or did you observed anything suspicious?" Sage enquired.

"No, everything is OK; we entered the city without difficulty and have had no problems thus far," Viper said. After hearing Sage's voice, she felt warm and slightly revitalised; this was the first time this had happened, and Viper assumed she was just overthinking it.

"That's great; from now on, we'll make as few contacts as possible; I know the Cypher network is secure, but we shouldn't take any chances. We'll keep an eye on things from here, and if anything happens, do let us know as soon as possible. Good luck on your  mission, Over and Out."

Sage also had a similar feeling but she thought that it's just a feeling of relief. That she was relieved to realise that Viper is good, and that everything and everyone is nice. She didn't focus on it much because she believed she was a healer, it's natural for her to be relieved when her pals are in good health.
(A.N.:- I know she will feel relieved on everyone but I want to focus on the Viper.... I'm not a professional YK just trying my best)
(A.N.:- Nope, Viper and Sage aren't Tsundere.....i guess XD)

They were gradually becoming conscious of their growing affections for the other half. Though Sage's progress was considerably very slower, perhaps because she didn't have as much time to think about it unlike someone who was busy doing absolutely nothing.

Because it was an espionage operation, there wasn't much for Reyna and Viper to do in the Bind, thus the most of the job was handled by Cypher...our expert in these matters.

Viper was also aware of how tedious this would get, so she arrived prepared to work, but her mind was preoccupied with fantasizing-*ahem* thinking about her love and eventually admitting her feelings for Sage. "Perhaps going on a few dates and becoming closed isn't that horrible."

'Sheesh, I'm acting like a 14 y/o nibbi,' Viper grumbled, face palming herslef in embarrassment.
(A.N. :- Those who don't know what Nibbi' is since it's a common term based in India. It's to describe 14 year old hopeless lover... probably first time in love and doing many 'Cringe' things)

Back in the HQ Sage is still(Since chapter 1 -_-) busy doing work. It's been a week since Brim has left. Sage has been working non-stop doing paperwork, organizing a party and stuff too boring to even mention.

Well some of the work has been divided between present agents. They all decided to help after seeing their dear Sage under so much pressure from the shitload of duties

The only time she's at peace is when she have some small talks with Viper after their report.

The thing about keeping the contact to minimum... they forget about it on the 2nd day.
(A.N.:- Me to my motivation to study   XD)

Sage noticed that Viper has gotten much more talkative then before (10% only though...but that's still progress) she didn't care much about why Viper suddenly got much communicable because she had many other things on her head and also kinda liked it.
*****
Valorant HQ
6 Days before the party
22:23
Brim has finally came back at the HQ. He took back the Helm from Sage and giving her a well deserved break. He offered to have rest for a week or two
but Sage declined saying " One day is more than enough, and also I have to take care of the party right... As for my rest of reward i want something from you"

"and what do you need?"Brim asked

"You have to treat me to a expensive restaurant later ~" Sage said in a playful manner

"Haha sure will do it... I'll take everyone who helped in the work to a treat tomorrow" Old man declared. While the room was filled with cheers.

----------------------------------------
Ohh man I just did BS in this cha.. i was really in a mood to write the birthday party directly but was like that should be Chap 9... so I had no idea what to write this chapter anyway I somehow manage to find something to write. Hope you didn't hate it or got bored.

This chap felt much more like a Author/Narrator-Reader interaction..and hence you can also see many Author note...hehe which I kinda liked maybe we can do a special chapter on it. Tell me about it in the comments.

Sheesh how shamelessly I called myself an 'Author'

Anyway that's all folks...next chapter may get kinda late. Thank you For reading it.