06

six

Lottie spotted Toby down by his locker and waved. 
Yes her friends weren't speaking with her and thought she was mad and yes it was looking like Emily and Toby's friendship was growing and yes she had some strange jealously at the thought of them becoming more than friends.

But there at the end of the hall Toby looked happy to see her.

"Lottie" Spencer called from behind, she looked over her shoulder and kept walking. 
"Lottie" she snapped this time, catching up with her. "We need to talk to you". She hooked her arm through Lottie's and dragged her to the bathroom.

"Spence" Lottie cried, stepping away, fixing her clothes. "How are you so strong?". Waiting inside were, Aria, Hanna and Emily. "What's this about then?" she questioned.
"A" Hanna answered. "We got a note in a fortunate cookie saying they're going to be at home coming" Hanna explained, handing her a small piece of paper.

Lions and tigers and bitches oh my! There's no place like homecoming see you there - A

"Okay. Thanks for telling me" she nodded.
"Hey!" Aria said, "You can't just walk away from this. Not even to sleep with the enemy".
Heat spread across the back of Lottie's neck, "He's just a friend, not that it matter".
"So you're picking him over us?!" she scoffed. 

"Look just because mommy and daddy are breaking up doesn't mean you get to be a bitch. Mine and Hanna's family are the same and you don't see us moaning all day, everyday".
"No you just cosy up to A" She spat.

Lottie laughed dryly, "Whatever" she looked to the others, who hadn't said anything else. She had hoped at least Emily would stick up for her, her once bestie and now almost friends with Toby. "bye guys" she said sadly, leaving the bathroom.

After leaving History with the worse notes, she found Toby in the cafeteria on his phone. His top had ridden up showing off a Tattoo she didn't know he had. 901 free at last

"Nice ink" she joked, he smiled but didn't laugh.
"What did your friends want?" he asked, pulling his top down.
Chewing on her nails, she caught site of Hanna and Spencer watching them, quickly she looked away feeling sick. "Oh yeah. mmm. Something about homecoming and dresses".

He looked doubtful.

"It's a very important subject for girls" Lottie told him sternly. 
"Okay. Okay" he laughed, "It's funny when you're serious".
"doesn't matter if I match anyway, probably not going" she added. Toby looked confused, so she went on. "I'm not talking with my friends, who would I even go with?".

"Me" he suggested.
She bite her lips, looking at him eyes focused. "Thought listening to the smiths alone in your room was your thing?" she questioned.
"My thing?" he raised a brow.