two

"Okay thanks dad" Lottie said, hanging up

"Okay thanks dad" Lottie said, hanging up. She walked back inside the grill, where the others were waiting. They all looked up at her as she sat down.
"Well?" Hanna asked.
"He can't say much, just that we should do as they ask" she sighed, picking up her drink.

"No one knows about the Jenna thing then?" Emily asked.
"If he knew then he'd be here dragging my ass home" Lottie said.

"No one knows but us. We promised we'd never bring up the Jenna thing again, remember. It never happened." Spencer said.
"Have you found a way to forget?" Aria asked. "I still wake up sometimes in the middle of the night-".
"Aria" Spencer cut her off. "It was an accident".

Lottie took the flask from Hanna again and tipped it into her drink, "Or at least that's what she told us". A man across the room frowned at Hanna and Lottie.
"It's medicinal" she smiled. He stilled frowned at them.
"For cramps" Lottie added with a smile.

"I don't get it" Emily sighed. "How does "A" know something about me that only Alison knew? ".
"Ali knew all of our secrets" Aria shrugged, then frowned "but we never knew any of hers".

"I knew some" Spencer offered
Everyone else's mouth dropped.
"You have to tell us!" Lottie exclaimed.
"I can't" Spencer Wined.

"Spence! No, you are not gonna drop a bomb like that and just clam up!" Aria fought back.
"She'd so kill me if I told you" Spencer said worrying about a dead girl.

"She's dead" Lottie said, matter of factly.
Spencer sighed but gave in, "Ali was seeing someone that summer".

"I knew she was keeping something from me!" Emily scoffed, everyone looked over at her. "From us" she added in small voice.

"Well, why didn't she want us to know?" Lottie asked.
"He was an older boy, and he had a girlfriend" Spencer explained.

"Who was it?" Emily and Lottie asked at the same time.
"She never told me his name" Spencer said.
Hanna rolled her eyes "That's only half the secret".
"It's more than you ever got from her" Spencer huffed.

"How is that Ali told us nothing and we told her everything?" Aria asked the group.
"Because she made us feel like we were part of something special" Emily smiled
"We were" Hanna smiled too.
"I miss that" Aria jointed it.
"me too" Spencer agreed.

Lottie didn't. She didn't miss the consent worry of pleasing Ali all the time, knowing that if she was displeased, Lottie would have ended up alone with Loser Mona.
Yes, she missed her friends with her sat with her now. Maybe that was enough.