•𝙃𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝘿𝙞𝙨𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧•

"I know."

The three of your stare ahead as Dolores hurries down the stairs to the dining table. Sweat starts building up in the corners of your forehead as your breath starts trembling.

"She's going to tell everyone." Mirabel nervously mutters.

From downstairs, their Abuela had exclaimed for everyone, "Time to eat!"

Tió Agustin lets go of you and Mirabel's shoulders as he anxiously runs a hand on his hair. "We need to make sure Dolores doesn't say a word." You gulped down as you and Mirabel nodded at the man.

As the three of you descend the stairs, you could feel your legs trembling in every step. Arriving at the dinner table, you put on a forced smile as you try not to let anyone transpire that are distressed. Sitting on your chair, you notice that you were settling in between Camilo and Dolores.

That should be good. I'm keeping Dolores from at least talking to anyone beside her. I doubt Antonio would be a good person to talk about the house's disaster...and our façade of a relationship with Camilo...

You look at Mirabel with slight certainty to reassure her that you are keeping Dolores from sharing the secret with anyone who was next to her. She signals that she understands but will still keep an eye on the older cousin.

Even though you and Mirabel already have Dolores guarded, you still can't help feeling uneasy. Your legs start to bounce on their own as you notice your hand sweating. At the same time, your eyes cannot keep themselves on one spot, switching from one view to another.

"Hey, are you okay?" You suddenly hear Camilo speak from your left.

Scratching your throat, you replied, "Of course, why wouldn't I be?" You bite the inside of your cheek as you crossed your shaking leg.

He furrows his eyebrows as he tilts his head slightly in disbelief. Raising his hand, he softly places it on your forehead while the other was on the back of your chair to support his leaning body. "Are you sick? What's wrong?"

You chuckle wryly while you stumble upon your words, "What do you think?"

He's so close...again...

"...Hmph, you seem to be doing well." He says, letting his palm off as he flicks your forehead. You let out a small "ow" after while rubbing your head.

"Though..." He continues making you raise an eyebrow at him. "Your face felt warm. Maybe you're just blushing."

Huh

"Is it because of me?" He says in a whisper-like tone.

You look away, not even daring to face him anymore. If you do, you're sure that you are going to go crazy.

You tried to respond sarcastically, "Think however you like.", While still not keeping eye contact with the boy.

Reaching your hand towards your face, you feel your cheek to see if what the shapeshifter said was true, and oh boy was he right. Now that you think about it, even if you weren't touching your face, you can feel the warmth running down to your neck. Glancing at the table, you grab the cold drink in front of you, as you chug it down hoping that it will at least cool your flushed face.

"The Madrigals and the Guzmans together will be so good for the Encanto." The oldest Madrigal announces as she looks at Mariano and Isabella while glancing at you and Camilo as well.

Your Abuela nods her head proudly, "Yes. Then, let's hope tonight is not a horrible disaster."

You almost have to stop yourself choking in your drink as you glimpse at Mirabel who was having a concerning staring session with Dolores.