•𝙂𝙞𝙛𝙩•

"(Reader), hija, have you gotten your gift for Antonio ready? We still need to help them prepare for his ceremony!"

You finished tying the ribbon on your gift right after your Abuela called. "Yes, Abuela!"

With the gift in your hand, you rushed towards your grandmother.

"Mariano, let us go! We still need to help the Madrigals prepare." You heard the boy struggling from upstairs.

From his room, he shouted back, "Apologies mamá, but when I went outside, my shirt ripped!"

"Ay Dios Mio—Nieta, darling, do you mind if you go on first and bring our gifts?" Your Abuela pleaded to you so she can assist her son.

You nodded and stacked all of the gifts, with yours on the very top. As you passed through the library, you did not forget to say hello to your friend, Emilia.

"Oh hey (Reader)! You're already heading to the Madrigals?" She said while holding on to some books.

You gave her a loud affirmative, "Are you also gonna attend tonight?"

"Of course! Wouldn't want to miss the cutest Madrigal's ceremony!"

You put on big thumbs up—the gifts almost falling off—before yelling at her to maybe meet up with you later. Hearing her agree, you continued walking.

Whilst on the way, you also greeted the other townspeople who were roaming towards your destination as well.

Carefully, your stride towards the busy house of the Madrigals. The boxes faintly wobbled when a small girl ran forward, slightly pushing you. You peeked your head to the side of the stacking presents so you can get a view of the situation.

And was that Mirabel singing?

A bunch of kids and Mirabel were now standing in front of their house. One of the children then yelled, "She was about to tell us about her super awesome gift!"

Ooh yikes...

You didn't exactly hear what happened next, but when you saw the children look at Mirabel in shock, you assumed someone told them. Probably it was Dolores as you saw her by the door together with Abuela Alma.

At the moment that you got closer to the group, you heard a little girl ask Mirabel, "You didn't get a gift?"

Just as when you were about to hear Mirabel try to explain to them, another voice called her.

"Mirabel, delivery! I made this extra special since you're the only Madrigal kid without a gift." He walks towards the girl, carrying a basket full of festive things and probably more decorative items.

He then puts it on Mirabel's hands, "I call it the not special, special! Since uh- you have no gift!"

Way to put salt on the wound you dipstick, full offence.

Now you were beside Mirabel, prying more into their conversation. You heard him ask Mirabel to tell Antonio good luck before even saying insolent additions about how unfortunate the last gift ceremony was—the last being Mirabel's. Finally, that was the last of him before he walked away.

"If I was you, I'd be really sad." The little girl spoke.

Oh, we're you about to knock this little kid up. 'Cause for someone that young, they say very harsh words.

Mirabel then responded composedly, "Well my little friend, I am not—because the truth is, gift or no gift, I am just as special as the rest of my family."