•𝙇𝙪𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚•

You stabilized yourself but your body was still leaning on Camilo's. Your hand rested on the boy's chest unintentionally, feeling the fast beats of his heart.

You heard him let out a chuckle, "Already falling for me, mi amor?" He says as he helps you regain your balance.

Honestly, his joke was ironic since you were both already in a relationship. Even though the said relationship was not genuine.

You gave him a disproving glare as he returns it with a smug look. Fixing your gaze towards Mirabel, you slowly approached the distressed girl with Camilo following you behind. Other people were also gathering around her as they were horrified at what she had to say next.

"The tiles were falling, and there were cracks everywhere." She then pointed her hand outside the room, "And the candle almost went out."

Everyone, including her Abuela, looked at her with a confused and concerned face.

"Show me," her grandmother replied.

Mirabel immediately led the way towards the stairs, as the elder followed suit. She looks around and sees that the house was completely unscathed—no cracks or breaks to be seen at all.

"What? No, that's-" she stutters in disbelief.

Everyone including you had exited the room and watched Mirabel from the hall above.

She spins around observing the parts of the house, "The cracks were there," she says referring to the room at the top where the candle was sitting.

"They were everywhere! The house was in trouble,"

You looked around seeing how the rest reacted. They all had a displeased look on their faces when Mirabel tried to convince everyone about the breaks and damages.

"the candle was..." She then stares at her Abuela who also had a vexed look just like everyone's,

"Abuela, I promise-"

The elder raised her palm at Mirabel, gesturing her to stop. "That's enough."

She turns behind her and informs the people that everything was fine, "There is nothing wrong with La Casa Madrigal. The magic is strong!" She exclaims waving her hands up.

"And so are the drinks. Please, music!" You felt Luisa pass behind you carrying the piano as she let her dad do the playing. With that, the people went back inside and the upbeat music was to be heard once more.

You hurried your way down to Mirabel and asked if she was fine.

"(Reader), I... I promise I saw it..." You looked at Mirabel with sympathy.

"Don't worry, I trust you. You don't have any reason to lie about Casita so why would I not believe you."

She looks at you with a sad smile, thankful for your support. You examined her body and even cupped her cheeks, "Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?"

"Well..." She exposed you to the palm of her hand, showing a long, deep cut. You stared at it for a while before hearing a voice let out a call for Mirabel.

Mirabel looks behind you muttering a "mamá..."

Letting Mirabel go to her mother, she tries to explain exactly what happened. Her mom sighed as she told Mirabel to come with her to the kitchen.

"I'll take care of Mirabel, so you should go back with the others, hija."

You answered while nodding at her, "Yes, señora."