Real

A/N: Oh my fucking God, 2k readers, you guys are the best 😭💖

✞︎𝘿𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙡'𝙨 𝙖𝙙𝙫𝙤𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙚✞︎

༒︎Tuesday morning, 9:00 am༒︎

3rd POV

"Have you ever been to Kyoto before?" The red head asked as she sat across from Ray, who still seemed to be mesmerized by the bullet train.

"Nope, my mom never let me travel far from her. She always worried for my safety." Makima smiled warmly at this as she placed her cold hand on Ray's warm one.

"I like it, when you talk about your mother."

"Really? Why?" She asked with a curious look on her face.

,,Well, you can't see it. But whenever you do, you have a gleam in your magnificent eyes."

"O-oh, I never noticed..." She was quite flustered by her boss's statement.

,,Of course you haven't, unless you stand in front of a mirror and talk about your mother." A heavenly chuckle escaped the red head's lips

"Right, haha..." Ray awkwardly laughed and scratched the back of her neck.

The women sat in a comfortable silence. They admired each other's features and no words needed to be exchanged in order for them to understand the impact they both had on each other.

"Say...Makima?" Ray was first to break the solemn quiet.

"Hm?"

"What are we?" The question was floating around her mind for a while now. Ray understood hookup culture, she participated in it frequently.

But something about her red haired boss intrigued her. She didn't know if she was developing feelings or just wanting to feel something.

"Hm. I used to think of you as just one of my many doggies, but now I'm not quite sure.."

"I see.." Ray was quite underwhelmed by this response. She knew a committed relationship with Makima would never even happen in an alternate universe.

"But I will tell you this, you are currently my most valuable asset." She smiled cutely.

"Most valuable asset aye?" The dark female found herself feeling unsatisfied with her boss's statement.