Chapter 13

*Celosia "Robin" Douglas's POV:

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw who opened the door. I was expecting someone else, I wasn't expecting to see Shimizu just yet. He was surprised just as much as we were, and yet, he expected us.

"Shimizu!", Hikari screamed, tears streamed down her face as she ran towards him with open arms. Shimizu crouched down and prepared himself for the embrace as he smiled. His deep ocean blue eyes became teary as he hugged his little sister tightly.

"I miss you so much! I thought you were dead!", she wailed in between gasps for air.

"Oh my god", Gaia whimpered, covering her mouth with her hands. She began to cry as well.

"All these years, I thought...I can't believe it", Beval stuttered as he moved closer to Shimizu. "I can't believe it! Shimizu you're alive! It's true!", Beval shouted like a small child, running to hug Shimizu as well.

Eventually, it ended with a big group hug involving Gaia, Beval, Hikari, Kimberly and Danny. Only me, Tyler and Alex stayed back and watched.

I was too busy staring at him in awe. He looked so different, and yet still the same.

His hair was long, thick and in a low ponytail. He still wore glasses, but they were a different black pair. He was slightly muscular, and yet still thin. He was a little taller than Beval, reaching 6'5.

I'm not going to lie, I was checking him out...well, until I looked down his legs. I froze when I saw it.

His left leg was prosthetic. I wasn't sure why or how at first, but then it hit me: he must've been injured when he bombed W.E.A. That was the only explanation I could come up with.

"I really miss you guys", Shimizu chuckled tearfully. Those beautiful eyes suddenly hit my direction and stayed there.

I stood there like a stupid statue, not knowing what to do or say. I was too scared.

"This isn't you Celosia. Just go up and hug him. Stop being a little bitch," I thought to myself, trying to break myself out of this physical pause. The eye contact between me and Shimizu lasted what felt like a lifetime, and I damn sure wasn't planning on looking away.

His eyes were pierced onto me, staring at me. His eyes went from my dirty hiking boots to the top of my messy ponytail. A small, yet genuine smile formed on his face as he began to walk towards me, holding his arms outward.

"Hey Robin, long time no see. Come here."

At that moment, I could finally move. I went up to him and hugged him tightly. I never thought I would experience a moment like that ever again. Hugging the man of my dreams that I've longed for so long was pure eustasy. He smelled plain, but his body was warm and inviting nonetheless. I let out a deep sigh as my vision blurred with tears. I couldn't believe my friend was really alive. There was always a part of me that felt like maybe Danny was mistaken and that it was just a look-a-like, but at that moment I was glad I didn't stay at the shelter in doubt.

Our hug broke as Shimizu looked into my eyes. We were staring at each other, sinking in the reality that we were together again. They say eyes are the windows to the soul, but I couldn't tell what Shimizu was feeling through his eyes. They were mysterious, and yet, filled with wonder.

"Robin, I-"

"Shimizu, you are needed in the head office", a man interrupted Shimizu urgently, peaking from behind the half-open steel door.

"Coming", Shimizu responded with a sense of urgently that matched the man's. It was as if he completely forgot the fact that his long lost friends were here. Hikari's attempt to follow Shimizu was cut short by Alex blocking her path.