Chapter Four

I sat on my bed, scrolling through my favourite tack website. I desperately needed some new breeches and Elle deserved a new saddle pad. Brittnay was hanging out with her cooking friends so I was looking through tack before a stable meeting. Mr.Rossi was holding a riding meeting for all new riding students who would be testing on Monday. Today was Saturday.

I added a pair of vanilla coloured breeches to the cart and selected two more pairs of show breeches. I scrolled through the saddle pads. Hmmm, I added a fun violet coloured one for trail riding to the cart. For lessons, I picked out a beautiful silver saddle pad.

I looked at the time after checking out. 3:00. 20 minutes before the meeting. I shed my clothes and climbed into the shower. It had only been a day since my parents dropped me off, but this dorm felt like home. I washed my body and shaved my legs with some passion fruit scented body wash from bath&body works.

After my shower, I blow dried my hair and put into a French braid. I got on some dark wash jeans and threw on a silver glittery tee. I laced up my black leather paddock boots. I grabbed a cardigan and put it on. I grabbed my cell and my dorm keys. I left my dorm and locked the door. I walked down the three flights of stairs and left Winchester.

I walked down the crisp stone pathway that was dusted with crunchy maple leaves. I arrived at the stable and decided to visit Elle. I looked at her name plate which read Purely Elegance and underneath that Elle. Purely Elegance was her real name but everyone called her Elle.

She was in the corner of her stall, Munching on some hay. I called to her softly "Hey baby girl." She nickered in response and when I approached the stall, She leaned her long neck over the stall door and rubbed her muzzle on my hoodie, with hay sticking out from the corners of her mouth. I chuckled and kissed her head.

I looked at my phone. 3:15, 5 minutes till the meeting. I quickly slid a sugar cube in front of Elle and She took it and swiftly chomped on it.
I laughed as I left her stall. I walked out of the stable and my heeled boots clomped on the ground as I approached the indoor arena. I had never been inside the arenas.

The indoor arena is ginormous and airy. The sand is soft but packed, for the horses safety when they land from a jump. There are chairs set up and a table in the middle. There are 10 sets and everybody is there except me. I quickly slid into a chair, before Mr.Rossi noticed.

He coughed and handed everybody out a stack of papers. "Good Afternoon Everybody, My name is Mr.Rossi. I am the coach of advanced, intermediate and the Windsor riding varsity, riding teams. You are incoming riders and will be tested on Monday on wether you make the advanced or intermediate riding teams. Once you get placed, you will continue with normal lessons with that team. On December 1st, you will be tested to see if you will ride on one of the two riding not varsity, Junior or Senior. The outdoor arena is open for your needs and the cross country trails are open if you need them. You will be tested in dressage, show jumping, cross country and flat-work. If you do well in all, you will be placed on the intermediate team. If you exceed my and the schools riding expectations you will be placed on the advanced team. And on a final note, You are requested to memorize the dressage test and wear show attire to the testing. No one will be testing with you when you are tested. Good day, And I wish you all the best of luck." Mr.Rossi said.

I stare down at the complicated dressage course on the first paper. 'Ugh, great. I have to memorize all this for monday' I thought. I walked out of the arena and decided to practice jumping. I walked to the stables and saw that I wasn't wearing breeches but instead I was wearing jeans. I sighed and continued on. I didn't need to wear breeches every time, besides it was practice.

I unlatched Elle's stall and went inside.