Chapter 11 (Finding the city)

As we carefully flue on, I heard foot steps of a human walking towards the dead body's. Probably to take them into there barns, to eat and skin and get them stuffed, then again I've alway found humans a very strange species. In fact humans are the strangest animals I've ever seen, the way they shoot us down with weird contraptions instead of actually hunting, the fact that they can only speak to each other but not any of us but mostly the fact that once they kill us with the machines they stuff us with fabric and hang us on walls. Obviously the others also heard those creatures coming towards us and started to fly faster. We didn't want to get shot, especially not after all the deaths that happened today. The more we flue the brighter the sky got, but it didn't seem to be morning. "What that?" Song Bird sang happily. "I'm not sure I've never seen anything like that before." I whispered. Right as I was about to turn around for I was frightened, Soot suddenly interrupted. "It's a city!" He screeched, happily doing flips in the air. "When I was just a chick I lived in a city!" He was so excited, I didn't understand. Then Shanikwa then felt the need to butt in. "What in the sky is a city I've never heard of whatever that thing is, and I'm smarter than all of you half-baked potatoes. You must be making this up!" She shrieked so loud it made my ears ring. "Half-baked?" Arizona asked. "And potatoes?" Flash questioned. "Exactly my point you brainless fools! I bet Hoku knows what I'm talking about, don't you Hoku." She spoke so calmly, asking me to tell her what a half-baked potato is. If you want to know the truth I had no idea, but not wanting to disappoint my companions I said I knew. "Of course I do what do you think, I have feathers for brains." I ended up sounding ruder than I thought but I went with it. "See at least there's some intelligence in this group." She said. "But that is a city." I said as fast as I could. "Oh really how can you be so sure?" She looked as if she were glaring into my soul. "Well if it's not a city then what is it, obviously a so called intelligent bird like you should know. Is it a bush, oh wait too big. Maybe a tree?" It felt good to finally make fun of that idiot who thought she was so smart, and once I did mock her she shut right up. "Let's go to the city! Hurry. Hurry. Hurry!" Soot sounded like a newly hatched, it was adorable. Right as those words were said we zoomed into the bright lights.