Chapter 7 (The yellow canary)

We explored the land that we expected to sleep on. Most of us had already figured out where to sleep except for Soot and I. As we looked we found a small young canary stuck in a spiderweb. I used my talon to cut the small bird out of the web right before a huge spider ate him. Then I impaled the spider with my talon and shook it off. "Thank you." the bird tweeted. I smiled and said your welcome, Soot was starring at me with a huge smile on his face. The canary introduced himself as Song Bird, he explained that he was originally a pet and had escaped and that was why he had a name so........ awkward. He was very young, only a few days but escaped right when he got the chance. Since he was so young I decided to take him under my wing and raise him, Soot said he would help out. I guess Soot didn't think I was responsible enough to raise a bird who can barely fly yet. We still had all night to fly and talk. But everyone was too tired for they had flue all morning and afternoon, almost everyone was falling asleep. I can't believe they were going to sleep at night. Does that mean would stay up all day with the sun burning out our eyes, or for me my eye because I was blind in the other. Song Bird wasn't surprised when he saw the others going to sleep. Then again I've never seen a canary awake at night. Soot thought it was a bad idea to sleep in the night but he did say it would be better if we took a short nap, to reenergize. So we all got on branches, some slept on the ground and we all went to sleep.