The First Day

SMG4 was busy making memes on his computer. Speckler simply stood by his side, not paying much attention to him as he was still reading through Aeris' resume. His boss soon noticed and turned to him.

SMG4: Are you okay, Speckler?

Speckler: Eh, it's nothing. Look, he's barely a man, I'd hate to see good talent go to waste.

SMG4: Pffff, he's working with me, what could go wrong?

Speckler: With all due respect, boss, I prefer not to answer that question.

Meanwhile

Aeris put on a tie and looked at himself in his bathroom mirror. After having settled into his hotel room, he had hardly slept a wink, unable to contain the excitement of starting out for his new job. He smiled as he said to himself in a upbeat manner:

Aeris: It's a big day, first day on the job. Let's do this.

He grabbed his backpack and headed for his hotel room door. Exiting his room, he stepped into the hallway and-

BONK!

Aeris: Whoa!

He was suddenly run over by Barney the dinosaur, who was being chased by a Pokemon Trainer.

Pokemon Trainer: Get in ma balls, boi!

Barney: This is not family friendly!!

They both trampled over Aeris as they ran down the hallway, leaving him in a crumpled heap on the floor.

Aeris: Ow... My back... WTF?

Getting back to his feet, he dusted himself off.

Aeris: Tch... Where did I agree to move into?

He set off. After exiting the building, he made his way back to Peach's castle on foot. Out of breath from having jogged all the way there in late February, he entered the palace and headed for Speckler's office.

Shivering from his walk outside, he knocked on the door three times. It suddenly creaked open as the old badger opened it.

Speckler: Oh great, right on time.

He suddenly eyed Aeris shivering.

Speckler: You look like a piece of frozen calamari at Walmart. Did you walk all the way here?

Aeris: I'll get myself something warmer later. Anyways, I'm ready to get started. Show me what I got to do!

Speckler: Ah, hold on a second.

He turned back and headed to his desk. Opening up his drawer, the badger suddenly pulled out a ridiculously large, seemingly self-made manual. Picking it up off the desk, he hauled it towards the inkling.

Speckler: Ngh... Here's all the protocol details... Follow these for now and- Whoa!

He suddenly dropped the guidebook on the ground, as it landed with a loud thud.

Speckler: -and eventually you won't even need to follow these guidelines anyway.

Aeris lifted up the cover to see dozens of lines of handwritten notes.

Aeris: Where did you get the time to write all this?

Speckler: When you're old like me, you get way too much time on your hands. Look, none of this is really strict, it's kind of just a bunch of little bits of advice I scribbled down, but it should be fine.

SMG4 suddenly walked in with a clipboard.

SMG4: Showing him the ropes, Speckler?

Speckler: Sorta. You got the tasks ready for him?