Chapter 7- Black Magic And Chances

I'm not replying on this story anymore :) will reply on other stories

Rakshit-

Vicky had died leaving all the responsibility of his wife and his daughter on me. I would have been happy under normal circumstances but it meant her sadness and also the death of my friend so there was nothing to be happy about or celebrate.

Drishti started remaining silent after all that happened. It had been about seven months but her smile was still gone. Everyone longed to see her smile and hear her talk like she used to, but nothing was helping.

You couldn't forget the one who supported you all through you life, right?

Vicky's dad invited me to live with them since Drishti was too broken to react to the marriage and changing the house would only hurt her her. Most of the times I was present for Sargun and when I wasn't, someone else was. Drishti gave her daughter time but only ended up crying each time remembering Vicky.

Things started getting light when Sargun's first birthday was celebrated. She had no intention to but Malhotra uncle requested her to so she agreed. And that was the only day she smiled.

We shared a room but she barely talked to me. Everytime I would try asking her something she would answer as much as I asked. I would sleep on the couch while she would be there on the bed. The only thing comforting me was that she didn't cry afyer Sargun's birthday.

Our room was their room once. I never wanted to take Vicky's place in her life so I brought a big photo Vicky and hung it in our room. Yestarday Malhotra uncle called me and looked me dead in the eyes.

Papa Malhotra- dekho Rakshit. Vicky ne jo bhi kia soch samajh ke kia. Drishti ziddi hai aur use ye pata tha. Vicky ye bhi janta tha ki Drishti tumse pyar krti thi aur kahi na kahi badmein bhi krti rahi. Jate samay usne tumhe apni biwi aur bachi ki jan saump ke jo kia sahi kia. Sargun ke sath tum hamesha the, uska dhyan rakha aur use abhi bhi kitna pyar karte ho. Ek pita to tum ban gae Rakshit, par ek pati bhi banna hoga. Drishti ko is dukh se nikalne ke lea sahara chahea Rakshit. Uske lea tumhe koshish krni hi hogi.

So here I was. Like an idiot I smiled with Sargun in my arms. Reason?

She freaking called me papa for the first time.

Life took away my happiness when it took away Drishti but that was my fault. Now it returned me the happiness when I began correcting me. But what was Drishti's fault? Why my love had to go through all this pain?

Sargun:- pa- pa! Pa-! Aaa- ppppaaa!

Sargun smiled in my arms and played with my mustache and beard.

Rakshit:- aa mera sher!

I kissed her cheeks and threw her into air, catching her before she could fall. Sargun only laughed the whole time and moved her baby hands from one place of my mouth to another.

Sargun:- papa!

Rakshit:- han papa yahi hain!

I tickled her stomach with my nose which caused her to laugh whole heartedly. We played like this for so long that she felt tired and slept in my arms. Till now she knows crawling and I can't wait to teach her how to walk.