Chapter 4 - Why He?

Drishti-

My life was complete. I had everything I ever wanted, a loving husband, a job, my brother, my own family which was completed by my daughter. It all seemed so perfect.

I met Vicky when that perosn left me and decided to marry Lavanya. Till that day I thought he loved me but was unwilling to accept. The divorce brought the reality in front of my eyes.

I never thought I will love someone again, and that belief too broke when Vicky entered. He stood with me when I needed him the most. He and Romi replied to every single mouth that opened to call me a 'left out woman' by the local aunties. And he made me laugh, even when I didn't feel like.

Kaira always told me that she felt Vicky liked me but I had been neglecting that for long enough. Stupid of me to friendzone him.

A year later when he proposed me, I wasn't willing, thus I ran away from there remembering the early betrayal from someone. If not for Romi I would have taken Vicky for granted.

Vicky had done so much for me, so much that if I started telling I would still forget many incidents. With him I always smiled while with Rakshit, I usually cried. Vicky never raised his voice on me uselessly, he did it when I was wrong or when I was half stupid to risk my life. While Rakshit yelled at me for every single of his incapabilites. He didn't have the guts to accept his faults so he kept blaming me for them too, besides neber trusting me.

No matter how many promises of trust he made, he kept breaking them.

I told Vicky about what had happened but didn't take Rakshit's name. After we got married Vicky told me that Rakshit Shergill was his friend and he was ad he didn't attend his marriage. At first I was shocked, later I was revealed that he didn't show up.

I never want to see that face again.

I loved that person, but now I didn't feel anything towards him. Not even anger.

Just sometimes I wonder where would he be. How was he?

I heard that Lavanya went to jail. Rakshit had come to take me back but let me ask you- who would be willing to go back when the person made you feel like you were his backup because he couldn't get what his want? If he found someone else he would go with her. He didn't even clarify what he wanted to say.

Consumed by arrogance and anger he just said- ok fine. Then chali jao. Hum dono ka vaise bhi divorce ho gaya hai.

As if I was nothing.

I just wanted him to clarify everything but when he said this I told him I wasn't coming back. He broke me once, I was ready to accept him if he had clarified, but he broke me again when he let me go so easily.

After that I never heard of him again.

I didn't even see any member of the Shergill family. Just my Divya. Divya and Romi were supposed to get married next year and my excitement was at its peak.

Vicky:- Drishu! My love!

I chuckled holding Sargun who laughed when her father jumped on the bed in excitement.

Vicky:- Sargun! papa aa gae!

Boom

Sargun started crying when Vicky kissed her cheeks. Vicky's face was worth watching.

Vicky:- bilkul maa pe gai hai

Drishti:- oh hello! Please huh.

Vicky:- kya please? Tum bhi aisa hi rkti thi. Jab bhi tumhe gale lagata tha dhakka kar deti thi. Mere dil ko pata hai kitni thes pahunchti thi.