The Trap

Five people surrendered themselves as the killer. None of them knew each other and told different stories about how they pursued the killings. First one was a man, probably in his fifties. He told the cops that he murdered all the men in light of revenge of his wife's death. Next one, a man in his late twenties said he carried out the deed in his sleep and couldn't control himself as he had no sense of reality. What an explanation! Third one was a woman, who showed up in demonic attire. Her statement was, "My lord ordered me to present him with some blood in return of the powers he granted me." She sounded crazy enough to take lives, but wasn't convincing enough. Another one, the fourth one was a drug addict and arrived at the police station stoned. He confessed as the murderer but was unaware of the places where he killed the men. The last one said, "I'm a murderer." That's it, nothing more than that, and he expected the world to believe him.

"Are they crazy?" Satoru asked annoyed.

"They are just some nut cases who are hungry for the cameras and the publicity." Y/N said and switched off the television.

"So Y/N, do you think the murderer is doing the right thing?"

Y/N thought for some seconds and spoke, "Well, it's quite complicated. I mean I do hate the rapists and it's good that someone is doing the justice but if we see the other side, he, the murderer is taking lives, which is against the law."

"My thoughts are similar to yours. We humans have no right to take lives."

Y/N smiled. "I have a question," she said.

"Yes?"

"When are you going home?"

He looked at her and made an innocent face with glittering blue eyes.

"Aww," Y/N said. "Get lost."

"You are being rude to me, little girl."

"Just go Satoru. I need some rest."

"Am I stopping you?"

She sighed and tilted her head backwards, and rested on the couch.

"Y/N," Satoru whispered.

She looked in his direction. He held his arms wide open and smiled at her.

"Come, I'll cuddle you to sleep," he said.

Y/N stood up and ran to her bedroom. "Close the door when you decide to get your ass out of my house," she barked.

Satoru frowned and slept on the couch.

Y/N roused by the sound of her alarm at six in the morning. She lazily pulled herself out of the bed and wore her slippers. With her eyes half open, she opened the door of her bedroom. The aroma of coffee filled her nostrils and she came to her senses with her eyes wide opened. "Satoru?" she mumbled.

"Your coffee, little girl," Satoru appeared with two mugs of hot coffee and an ear to ear grin.

"You really need to get married as soon as possible," Y/N said taking one mug from him.

"Why?"

"You would stop bothering me."

"Y/N, I'm only trying to keep you safe because you are-."

"You are precious, rare and special. Anything else you want to add?"

He shook his head. "What are your plans for today?" he asked.

"Took a whole week off. Now, I need to work. Probably I'll work overtime."

Satoru nodded and finished the coffee. "I'll see you soon," he smiled and left.