Freed From The Case.

Disclaimer: I don't own Poppy Playtime (Video Game). I don't own the picture (cover). Or the song.

(qwertuno and SilentReadersMatter)

(My take on what could happen if Poppy and the player meet. Don't consider this canon. Purely written from my imagination.)

(Hope you enjoy.)

"You opened my case."

Breathless and enchanting. Softly spoken as a child, yet containing the adult tone of an adult who'd seen too much.

The human standing there gaping stupidly the unmoving toy. Trapped within the case unless moved and allowed to be activated into movement mode. Giving her the freedom to explore and see what has happened in her absence.

"I have been asleep for a long time. It is clear things have changed in the time I have been missing from this hellish factory."

Moving a small, small step, the ex-employee noticed the doll still wasn't attacking them. In fact, she seemed rather intrigued than bloodthirsty. Eyes travelling down their body and darting limb to limb before a sudden soft chuckle escaped Poppy's mouth as if told a funny joke. Not an expected course events, but not unwelcome. Maybe things would change. Maybe she could gain their trust. Save the souls of the toys trapped within the factory.

"A foolish move. But so very wise."

The doll is still within the case. She cannot move as Playtime Co made this vessel as an empty shell for the children. Needing help from the former employee.

"I will need your help to rescue their souls. They are so very tormented."

The former employee raised their brow, backing up with the grab pack toward the door. They weren't trying to escape. Not with the things still out there hunting them. Wishing to tear them limb from limb.

Just like Huggy.

They shivered, body quivering before grasping their common sense. They didn't know how Poppy worked. Looks were deceiving and Poppy may have something sinister planned. They decided to stick to a glare.

Poppy figured the meaning for their nervousness around the doors.

"I am sorry that Huggy intended to hurt you. He was sent him to bring you here. He lost control to his emotions."

Apologising for trying to them? That's...new. Exploring the facility allowed the human to see what exactly had gone on.

A massacre of sorts.

One more step in the right direction. Others planned to use for ex-employee for malicious, tactful reasons. Poppy's reasons weren't exactly virtuous. Better than the others thinking killing flesh and bones were than saving their lives.

"The factory needs your help. You will need my assistance if you wish to live. Bring me with you so we both may live. The factory had changed. The others trust me. They will show more mercy if I am with you."

Blinking in surprise, the ex-employee stepped closer. One more step in the right direction for Poppy's plan. She needed their trust and the certainty they'd help aid her in the plan she concocted. Willing or not, they'd help her save every lady soul. Their devotion, absolute compliance was necessary. Someone painted her out as the villain of the story.

Poppy would have to prove trustworthy.

"No one is here is a hero, but I've seen and heard things in this factory. Terrible things have happened here. Where do I even begin?"