32; Crossing the river, again

"Balance is the essence of life. Without balance there is nothing"

🌿

⚠️ kidnapping, violence, a lot of censored swearing ⚠️

It's a beautiful morning.

Irene wakes up in stages.

First she feels herself drift away from the peaceful waves of her dream. Then she feels her eyelids grow lighter, and the sun from the outside peek through. She feels her body shiver because of the morning dew, and then relax thanks to the gentle sun. She feels a gentle breeze flow though the balcony, and for a moment it's almost like she is in Ariadne's bed, engulfed by her loving arms and seductive gaze.

But Irene has always been good at remembering things. She realizes not even a second later where she is, and who's arms are around her. The scent of the room, the different shadows around her, the difference of the wind, the softness of the bed not being in the right places and the feathers of her pillow in the wrong order. Her clothes being different from the usual nightgowns that she wears, and the sound of a fountain lacking from the air. Still, somewhere faintly swords are clinging against each other, and birds overpowering them on the trees right outside the open balcony.

All the scents are still the same though. Old marble, soft feathers, sharp orange tree leaves and kind flowery scents. And for the first time in months, she wakes up not only to the fresh fruit perfume of Ariadne, but also to the light salty smell of Thea's natural scent. She wakes up for the first time, fulfilled. Surrounded by everything that she has wished for, ever since falling for those two stubborn leaders.

Irene sits up a bit, and looks around herself. She sees her two wives sleeping peacefully, hands wrapped around each other for warmth. They'll soon find themselves very uncomfortable, that's for sure. Irene giggles. The warmth of the day has yet to reach its peak, as the sun slowly glides up the horizon. Once the sun warms up even their bedroom, Thea and Ariadne will wake up all sweaty and gross. She should probably wake them up before that happens, but Irene just can't. Looking at Thea now, she knows that the leader hasn't gotten a proper nights sleep in forever. She doesn't have the heart to wake her up.

Instead, Irene hesitantly and slowly gets up from bed, waking across the wide bedroom to the balcony. There is a closet on one side of the room, and two balconies on each side of the wall, as the room exists in some sort of corner of the palace. The bed is in the middle, a big roundish thing with a soft mattress and golden sheets. The air in Thea's bedroom feels dryer than what Irene is used to, after months of sleeping in Ariadne's bedroom, where a fountain stands in the middle of the room. Still it feels rather warm, and fresh air constantly travels through the room through the balconies. It's almost like sleeping under the bare night sky. Irene quite enjoyed it.

She rests her arms against the balcony railing and stares out over the morning sky, and busy training grounds. She isn't exactly sure what is happening right now, why she is here and why Thea and the queen are arguing, but Irene doesn't let herself worry too much. She instead enjoys the presence of her two wives, after weeks of being apart. And she enjoys the nice weather too, and the change of scenery. Perhaps today she'll visit Penelope, and take a walk around the premise, if it's not too much to ask. The situation can't be that bad, can it?

Irene glances back at her sleeping wives.

Whatever happens, she'll be safe with them on her side.