30; Lazy tears

"This marriage, so many things about this marriage"

🌿

⚠️ mentions of death, censored swearing ⚠️

"You can't make such cuts to my budget! The instructions are clear!"

Thea barely contains her anger. For everything that she has worked for, for everything she has done, this is what she gets? Honestly, what was she expecting after getting married?

A long, nice honeymoon. A vacation somewhere further along the island, away from the city. A break for the first tine in her life. She wanted to lay down on the beach, watch the clouds float by on the endless clear blue sky. She wanted her two wives, (wives!) next to her, both as beautiful as the sun and moon. She wanted laughter, an easy feeling. Waking up as late as she sees fit and going to sleep even later. Eating whatever and not training unless she wants to. Playing games and making jokes, having fun.

But it never matters how much you work, it never pays off. For years and years Thea has done nothing but work, she has done both her own job and the queens job since she became a leader. Before then, she studied and trained even harder to reach the said position. But Thea had expected the position to be less infuriating. It was supposed to be an honor to be leader, not a burden the size of a mountain. Ariadne doesn't have it this bad, neither do any of the other leaders. It's all just because she is such a pushover. Such a people pleaser.

The queen asks her to handle some tasks, she does. The queen doesn't do some tasks, she does them. The queen forgets to do all of her tasks for a month, she has already done them before the month even started. At this point, Thea is queen, just without the title. She handles all of her paperwork like a secretary, she goes everywhere that the queen needed to go and receives no appreciation or acknowledgement for it. After Ariadne found out she was furious, but thankfully she knows to hold her tongue in front of the queen. It's not like they can go against her...

Ariadne has helped her with all the work ever since Irene returned and they got married, just like she promised she would. With the two of them, the work is much lesser, but that doesn't erase the past. All those years of constant suffering and dragging herself out of bed during the ungodly hours of the night every single day, all those years still need to be healed. Not to mention, that just because Ariadne is helping her doesn't mean it's easy. They both have their leader duties, on top of sharing the queens duties and they even had to plan their own wedding. While the wedding is over and the island is saved, the people and especially the queen don't seem as appreciative of that as Thea had secretly hoped them to be.

And now she's here, in front of the arrogant queen who keeps trying to make abrupt decisions to benefit her and her only.

"You steal from the people and you steal from the temples! Just because you need more money doesn't mean you can take it from us!"

The queen laughs. Like actually laughs. Thea feels so angry she might just burst at her. She has learned from an early age to hold her tongue. People can be mean and aggravating and cruel and they awaken emotions, but those emotions are better kept on the inside. People like the queen are powerful, they can do whatever they want and they influence your life. If Thea had shouted at everyone that wronged her in the past she wouldn't be here today. But that seems to have slipped her mind at the moment, as the queen grows more and more reckless by the day.