Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Twenty-Nine

Leron Angelo's POV

“Dude, your phone's been ringing for a long time now. Aren't you going to answer it? Who is calling you anyway?”

I heard Arson say to Declan. I look down, tightening the grip on my bag. Suddenly, I felt a wave of uneasiness and discomfort wash over me.

Who is calling him? Of course, I know who it was. It's his mother. She wanted Declan to go home straight away. She wanted to confirm the picture. She wanted to know if his son was really in a relationship with his boy friend. And I am well aware that his sophisticated father is not an exception.

And I also bet they are thinking that this is a huge humiliation.

But I hope not. Or else Declan will get hurt. And his chance of getting along with his parents will just turn into ashes.

I chewed on my lower lip, still looking down.

Declan give Arson a tight lipped smile. “It's no one important. You know what, guys, the class finally ended for today and there's no practice. What about grabbing some food outside?” he offered, obviously changing the topic.

“Yeah, and drinks!” Felix added while childishly putting his fist in the air.

I smile a little at that.

Suddenly, Declan put his arms around my neck, completely pulling me out of my daze. He looked down at me and gave me a bright smile. That smile, at the same time, gives me a warm feeling inside.

“Cheer up.” He said, leaning in closer. I shut my eyes and waited for his lips to brush against my cheek. Once he's done, I quickly open my eyes and smile.

***

Once we all arrived at our favorite resto bar, we immediately settled in. We ordered our desired foods and also drinks.

Ah, everyone sure looks so into it. As if they're indirectly saying that they want Declan and I to cheer up and stay positive.

And here I am being unfair to them.

”Eat up. Do you still want something?” I look at the plate in front of me. Declan put all the foods I wanted on it, despite the fact that I could do it myself.

I shake my head. ”This is enough. Thank you.” I said, and they started eating just like the others. And while I was chewing my food, I could still feel Declan's eyes on me.

"You, do you need something?" I simply asked while putting my hand above his thigh.

He shakes his head and ruffles my hair. After that, he finally started eating. With that, I also focus on my food. The others are almost finished, and we're already about to open their beers.

It's not that I'm competing with them. Well, it's almost the same, but hey, I don't want to pay for our beers. 

This has already become a tradition for us. We're going to eat first before we drink, and if you're the last to finish your food, you'll pay for the beers.