Chapter Twenty-Seven

Roye Declan's POV

"Where are your parents by the way?" Leron inquired. When I looked at him, I noticed his eyes were bright with curiosity. I sigh and raise my arms to his face. He refused to budge and simply let me do what I wanted. I placed one of my hands on his cheek and began to caress his soft skin.

I smile.

What did I do to deserve such an angel?

"They are probably at our house right now. Do you think we would be here today if they weren't there?" He slightly tilted his head as I withdraw my hand. "Right, I'd rather take you home than have us out here." I affirmed. He grimaced and rolled his eyes, but the small smile that had just appeared on his lips did not escape my eyes.

In the middle of a moment of silence, all of a sudden my cellphone rang. It's a sign that someone is trying to contact me.

I immediately acted and peeked at who was currently calling me. Only to find out that it was my mother. I looked at Leron, who had a solemn expression on his face as he awaited what my good Mother would say.

I just sighed and held his hand firmly. And I finally answered the call. Also clicking the loud speaker button in the process, so Leron can also heard it.

"Do you need something?" The first thing I asked. I'm not sure how or why, but right now I don't care if Mom gets angry at me because of the tone of my speech.

I never stood up or objected to their wishes. I don't speak up for myself, and I'm just always obedient to their wishes like a robot. However right now, it's different. I don't feel like following them at the moment.

"Where are you right now? I assume the school is already done for today. Why aren't you still not home?"

Woah, this is the first time someone ever told me this. Is this because they are at our house?

I didn't really expect them to call me just because I wasn't home yet. First, because they are not like that and I don't expect them to care.

There must be a reason behind this. Well, let's find out.

"I'm hanging out with my-" Before I could continue what I was about to say, with his free hand, Leron placed it on my arm. I looked at him and he immediately shook his head. Silently saying, 'a sign of disapproval'.

I was a little frustrated. But I can't refuse and disobey the look that Leron is showing me right now. Therefore, I just sighed and then continued what I was going to say.

I cleared my throat. "I am with someone today. I told you earlier, didn't I?" I retorted. Watching Leron in the corner of my eye as he starts playing with my fingers.

"Are you mad? Remember that you're just my son, and I am your mother. Ah! Good heavens. In any case, just drop whatever you're doing and hurry up and come back. Someone special is waiting for you." She didn't let me respond to what she said and immediately disconnected the call.

I gritted my teeth. She didn't even really give me a chance to say what I wanted!

Who is this someone special anyway?