chapter eighteen

One we had finished eating, Quill disappeared to go have a shower and I sat curled up on his bed waiting for him to get back, drifting off to the hum of the running water and the comforting smell of his clothes. Just as my eyes closed my phone rang and I could have sworn I had a heart attack at the sudden noise.

I went to check for the first time that day and noticed the texts from my mum. I only have today until my dad gets back, great. I push the negative thought aside and carry on flicking through the messages. The second notification is a missed call from paul. I rolled my eyes and flopped onto the bed to call him back.

He picks up after two rings.

"Hey little wolf, what's goin on", I rolled my eyes once again at the nickname but chuckled lightly despite my annoyance.

"Hey paul, not a lot, i'm just at quills after everything that happened yesterday."

"Yeah don't think I haven't forgotten about that. I'm gonna talk to you when you get your ass round to Emily and sams, and about you being at quills overnight, I don't trust that young man ''Paul stated in a brotherly tone.

"Paul, you're being ridiculous, he's in your pack, you can even hear what he thinks."

"Trust me little wolf, that is exactly why I don't trust him," I blush at this and glance to the door where Quill is right now before turning back to the phone.

"Shut up paul, i'm going now, i'll see you later then?" i huffed down the phone.

"Perfect little wolf, see you then!" he hung up the phone just quill came out of the shower.

He walked out the room in just a gray pair of joggers, slung dangerously low on his hips. His tan torso was still slightly wet, hair damp curls falling over his forehead, brushing his eyes, so he ran his hand through it. My stomach clenched slightly at the sight of him but looked away fast and buried my face in the bed, blushing, as he caught me staring.

I felt the bed dip and felt his presence above me but still gasped as I turned and saw him mere inches from my face.

"You're cute when you stare like that you know," he rasps in my ear before pressing his lips to mine lightly, quite the contrast to the tight, bruising grip he held on my waist. I went to kiss him back but he had moved his lips to my jawline and throat, moving across the hollow of my throat and along my collarbone. He lay butterfly kisses along until he found the spot that made me whimper slightly.

He chuckled slightly as he sucked on the spot that had me arching my back slightly, my hands gripping his hair. When he lightly sunk his teeth into the spot I had to bite my lip, to stop myself from crying out, way too conscious that his mum was down the hall.

I felt his hands slide down my waist, hips, to rest on my thighs as he sat up and pulled me onto his lap, pulling as close as he could. As his lips got lower on my chest, I tightened my grip on his hair, making him groan lowly, leaning his head on my chest.

Our breathing was heavy as we processed what had just happened and trust me I didn't mean to but I started laughing. Just quietly and thankfully he joined in as he held me in a tight hug.

"C'mon, let's get ready", I said as I moved off his lap and he fell back onto the bed, groaning and muttering to himself.

"Come onnnn," I pulled him or at least attempted to, attempted being the key word here.

"Fine, fine, fine i'm moving," i darted into the bathroom to get back into some jeans and one of his t-shirts before firing off a quick text to my mum saying i would be back in time for dad coming home, obviously.