Chapter 5

(Credit for the picture above goes to the owners)

2014 December 7

7:03 pm

A/n Pov:

A man in his 40's was running around the white corridors of hospital that smelled medicine and patient. Distress and fear were clearly visible on his forehead. Sweat and tears made their way down his face drenching him badly. There was heavy snowfall outside but it was colder inside. The corridors seemed lifeless even with many people walking around. But to the man running there nothing mattered at the moment. His steps stopped in front of the big door above which a red light was glowing brightly showing that doctors had already begun the operation. He was afraid. What if she couldn't make it? He would regret letting her alone in her last minutes if she did not make it through. He grabbed his hairs and paced stressfully the length of corridors. He shouldn't have agreed to let her remain out. His heart was broken into million pieces.

He couldn't help but remember the scene he witnessed 16 years ago when his dear wife was in the same room for hours and when she came out she flashed him a small life before closing her eyes for forever. That time the women had left behind a part of her in his arms. A small angle was with him to survive all the tough times. He cherished the angel. Loved her even if his love for her mother wasn't equivalent but now when that angel was also inside the same room he was eager to change everything. He had went through really tough times bringing himself out of the severe depression of losing his beloved wife. He had money, looks, fame, everything but his wife was the only person that completed him. After she left he had only this angel, his daughter who was resembled her a lot and he couldn't bear to lose her either. His life would come to end.

He was so much into his thoughts that he did not realise the presence of a teenage looking boy sitting on one of the chairs outside the operation theatre with his head hung low and some blood stains. The boy had beautiful blue hairs and shiny eyes that held glittery tears. The elder noticed his presence and advanced toward him to grab his collar. The younger was startled in the beginning but didn't do anything. He hung his head low and said, "I was late. It was late." and the elder man loosened his grip on his collar and the younger fell down on the ground with a thud as if his legs gave away. He was in no better state than him. The elder couldn't do anything and stepped back and sat on other chair across the hallway. He also hung his head low. Desperate. Both of them had same ruffles going inside. The girl under surgery was someone precious to both. For one she was his hope and life for which he had to live while for other she was someone who introduced him the big world, the noise, people, trust and most importantly a family.

2014 December 8

1:13 am

The door of OT flung open and a nurse ran out. The man reached to her to ask but she hurriedly ran away and then came back with a tray full of some bottles probably antiseptics and other things. The man again reached to her and asked, "How is she? Is everything alright?"

Nurse did not answer but ran inside quickly. He got even more stressed out now. It was taking longer than he had expected. His heart started to race with panic. The younger reached upto him and asked, "Sir, will she be alright? I am worried."

He kept a hand on the younger's shoulder reassuring him or maybe himself, "She is not weak. She will make through. She is really strong. Do you remember how she saved you Woon?"

"Yeah" He nodded.

Y/D/N then pulled him into a warm hug probably to assure himself that his daughter will make it through just like she saved the guy in front of him. A smile kept on his face when he recalled the days he had spent with her.