Chapter 2

2014 September 16

5:30 pm

While riding back home dad asked me, "Who was he?" I was lost in my thoughts and dads words brought me back to reality. I replied honestly, "Taehyung".

"The guy who helped you that day?"

"Yeah!"

"He studies here?"

"He is my senior. He is really good, you know."

"You are praising someone?"

"I cant praise someone?"

"Of course not. You are a big narcissist."

"Oh shut up!"

"I am your dad."

"I am your beloved wifes daughter."

"This girl..."

Bickering like this we reached back home. I quickly went to my room after that and changed into something comfortable. I have actually never fancied short skirts especially in uniform. I do like long skirts that would cover till my heels and have multiple patterns drawn across it. The colours always fascinate me. I looked at myself in the mirror and thought, would Taehyung like this dress? Ah! What are you thinking Y/n? Why Taehyung? Shake it off! And I shook my head to get the thoughts out of my mind. Its trusfrating like this.

9:00 pm

After having a nice Indian Dinner cooked by my loving father I slipped in my bed with a book on statistics. I know it sounds boring. Even I myself don't like it but what can I do? I have to pass this night somehow. It is so hard to work out what to do night after night but finally you get used to it. Sometimes Insomnia might not seem that bad. I slowly flipped pages with the ticking of the clock. It looks so boring but sleep doesnt want to engulf me. I continued reading.

2022 September 17

2:00 am

After I had completed reading I kept the book back in the library. Yeah! I got a big library in my house attached to my room. My dad built it so that I can spend my sleepless nights. He tries to accompany me sometimes but cant help himself falling asleep by daybreak. I never asked him either. I know he works too hard everyday trying to earn money while taking care of millions of people working under him. He is an ideal businessman for me because I have never seen anyone as of yet, after my grandpa of course who would care about the workers so badly. One loss and he is ready to compensate. I guess this is one of the reasons our company is flourishing. One day I have to take charge of the business from him. I am preparing myself because I cant let him down.

I took out my phone and started to scroll through international media. Its not that I am a boring person who reads books and news. Its just that I am from a business family and I need to keep checking if there are any fires being instigated to bring down our large empire. After surfing for a while I decided to listen to some music. You know when you want to relax music is the best thing. It is the best medicine. Suddenly a strange urge of listening to Taehyungs voice erected in my mind and I searched for BTS songs. 2 Cool 4 Skool! Their voice is really something. Why does Taehyungs voice stand out? His voice is just like...

7:00 am

I was shrugged off and my dad woke me up. I rubbed my eyes and felt the sunlight hitting sharply on my face. My dad asked me, "Are you alright? Should we visit the doctor?

"Huh!" and that was when I realised, "OH MY GOD! I fell asleep!"

I jumped out of the bed grabbing my dads arms and started dancing with him and said, "Dada, I fell asleep last night! I dont know how but I did. Woohoo!"

A euphoric feeling rose in me. I just wanted to release myself with it. I fell asleep. I am in 7th heaven. Wow! I guess finally I can be brought out of those lonely sleepless nights. And with this I got off my bed to take a quick bath and ran to the dining room as I seriously have never gotten late. Sometimes sleep makes you late for work. I tied up my hair in a messy bun while my dad fed me sandwiches one after another. It is something that I like a lot. Being fed my mother is an Euphoric moment but our fathers hands have more love when they feed us even if we are a grown ass.

Biting on the last crumb I set off after giving my dad a kiss on cheeks. I just dont want to regret my last meeting with him. Last? You might wonder. Well, I am a patient if you forgot and if something like a few days ago happened again I might actually die. Feeling pitiful? No! No! Not! Wait there! Well, continue reading.

11:30 am

Another boring day ended at school. The teachers came and went. Teaching, handing assignments, scolding some of the students, and then giving unreasonable comments on our attitude towards them. The lunch went as boring af. I had nothing to do but sit in my place and eat. The canteen was unusually loud. Students sitting in groups having their food. It just sucked me up. Still, I finished my lunch quickly and went to the terrace. You never know how beautiful the world is until you are at peace. I read it somewhere but I dont remember it now. It's quite here. I leaned against the railing and felt the cool breeze. Seems like winter is going to set early.

I want to go to India to celebrate different festivals but I want to enjoy the snow too. Even though I lived in Paris for about 10 years, I have actually never witnessed the first snow. I have heard that we can find our love in it. But due to festivals I never enjoyed it. My dad has prepared for our trip back to India again but I dont want to. This time I feel I can enjoy the first snow and also meet the special someone who will share my loneliness.

Suddenly I felt someone standing behind me. I turned around and came face to face with a handsome guy. His fair skin, eyes highlighted with eyeliners and strawberry lips. I was just lost in them while he caged me between himself and the railings by placing his arms around me. He smiled and his sparkled. How badly I want to dive deep into those eyes! I felt a heat rushing through my body when he leaned.